browser19750
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm having much debate over which Masters to take. I really like the applied positive psychology and psychology masters being offered at uel, yet there's no option of bps accreditation. Whereas a straight psychology does. But i cannot see myself as a psychologist?! Oh please tell me what to do!
Shannen Jones
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by browser19750)
I'm having much debate over which Masters to take. I really like the applied positive psychology and psychology masters being offered at uel, yet there's no option of bps accreditation. Whereas a straight psychology does. But i cannot see myself as a psychologist?! Oh please tell me what to do!
I’m having a similar dilemma considering the two and my hesitation is also in the accreditation. Have you had any other advice or thoughts yourself?
lyra777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by browser19750)
I think you've answered your own question! I feel like your heart wants to do postiive psychology but your mind/fear is telling you to do straight psychology.

Going with your heart always is more satisfying in my experience
London Met Uni
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi browser19750, Shannen Jones and lyra777,

It's hard to decide between your head and heart. I'd be inclined to agree with lyra777 and go with your heart. Accreditation is important for sure but perhaps not as much if you're not thinking of being an actual psychologist.

I'm one of the official reps here at London Met and our psychology courses are always so popular. 100% of all 2017 graduates from our Psychology MSc were in work or further study within six months (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey). So, I'm sure that whichever course you choose, you'll end up finding work in a hopefully fulfilling career.

The best of luck to you both with your choice.

Have a great day!
Nonie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (22)
24.44%
No (68)
75.56%

Watched Threads