The Student Room Group

Medicine at NYU for international students / fees

Hi guys,

I see the medicine course at New York Uni NYU is 4 years compared to the UK one of 5 years unless you do the A101.

As most of you know it was declared that medicine will be free at NYU. Does this include international students as well as the domestic ones?

I tried finding information on their website regarding fees for international students but cannot find anything
Original post by nadman
Hi guys,

I see the medicine course at New York Uni NYU is 4 years compared to the UK one of 5 years unless you do the A101.

As most of you know it was declared that medicine will be free at NYU. Does this include international students as well as the domestic ones?

I tried finding information on their website regarding fees for international students but cannot find anything

Medicine in the USA is a postgraduate degree, which is why it is shorter. You will have to complete another degree prior to applying.

https://med.nyu.edu/education/md-degree/md-affordability-financial-aid/types-financial-aid
It seems to state that financial aid (which I assume includes the scholarship) is only available to US citizens and permanent residents.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
I have had an eventful week last week emailing domestic unis, and it's on my to do list lol.

I am dismissing EU unis due to language barriers unless there is an EU uni / country where English is most commonly used so communication isn't a barrier.

Language or not, I think the whole Brexit might be a disaster and am looking to start studies in 2020 and with our current "strong and stable leadersh!te" I dont want to do one year at an EU uni and then be told pack your bags and go home! Unstable times eh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending