All games are dead now? Watch

ZsDeividas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been gaming for over 8 years now, it’s not a lot compared to most people but it’s still a good amount. I used to play: Minecraft, roblox, io games, rainbow siege, fifa, cod, CSGO, fortnite and etc. So recently I’ve lost interest in gaming, I’ve always played 6+ hours a day and 15+ on weekends, now i haven’t played in a couple of months. I have tried to get back into playing new games like blackout and i still don’t find it fun, it seems like gaming died off (for me at least)... is it me or anyone else experienced the same thing?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ZsDeividas)
I’ve been gaming for over 8 years now, it’s not a lot compared to most people but it’s still a good amount. I used to play: Minecraft, roblox, io games, rainbow siege, fifa, cod, CSGO, fortnite and etc. So recently I’ve lost interest in gaming, I’ve always played 6+ hours a day and 15+ on weekends, now i haven’t played in a couple of months. I have tried to get back into playing new games like blackout and i still don’t find it fun, it seems like gaming died off (for me at least)... is it me or anyone else experienced the same thing?
Some people grow into and out of it.
I think gaming is an actual accepted hobby these days and not just a teenage thing.

Maybe you will find real life more interesting, but maybe you will go back to it and it will drag you in.

I think the best aspect of it is social and its not quite the same when those groups break up.

Dont let it ruin your exams. You might find more balance later on.
Some of my best times have been gaming and making friends. I know people who have gotten married via meeting on gaming.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In your case, I think you lost your interest in gaming because you realized for yourself that gaming is not so important to you anylonger. That happened to me years ago. I also would love to play games, but not so excessive as in the past. Because real things like meet friends, training, reading books, drawing pictures got more priority to my life. My interest in gaming is not died out completely, but reduced to below the normal.
ZsDeividas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
In your case, I think you lost your interest in gaming because you realized for yourself that gaming is not so important to you anylonger. That happened to me years ago. I also would love to play games, but not so excessive as in the past. Because real things like meets friends, training, reading books, drawing pictures got more priority to my life. My interest in gaming is not died out completely, but reduced to below the normal.
Yeah, I agree.
Inspiringvisons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To be honest this seems more like a you issue.
If you spend a lot of time on something, it is natural you 'll grow out of it
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Inspiringvisons)
To be honest this seems more like a you issue.
If you spend a lot of time on something, it is natural you 'll grow out of it
Gaming progress has seriosuly slowed down. Why would games companies bother being fresh when they can make lots of console and mobile games for the masses.
Phyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

This was my major problem this summer. I was so bored of games I just spent most of my days on Youtube, Netflix and mobile games just because I was extremely bored of every video game I had which includes Fortnite, Guild Wars 2, CSGO, Dota 2, Paladins and Team Fortress 2. I just took a break from everything and when school started I've jumped back in. We all need a break once and awhile so just try to focus on other things then jump back in. Also, try to have fun, I've noticed the majority of the games I play are highly competitive and when I lose it kind of stops me from playing so it might be the same problem for you with fifa, cod, csgo and fortnite.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
8 years, that it.
ZsDeividas
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
8 years, that it.
You don’t need to rub it in man..🙄
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe open your mind a little bit and try games that you don't normally play.

Try a series such as Uncharted or Mass Effect, those are popular games that keep you playing for the entire series.
Ghost_0
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try other types of games? You may think you only like multi-player games but the amount of stellar single player games (especially if you have a ps4) out there are just waiting to be played. Last of Us, Horizon zero dawn, god of war, Batman games and The Witcher are some quick recommendations
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don’t need to rub it in man..🙄
Try old stuff then, you may appreciate them more. They are not like today, rinse and repeat gaming. What I mean by that is the new games are so so similar, pretty generic stuff to be honest. I won't lie though, HZD is my game of the generation, but I don't find many unique, innovative new experiences anymore.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I will add MP is the biggest rinse and repeat experience, it's the same every time you start a MP session. You need to find an engrossing single player game, someone mentioned Witcher 3, highly recommend it. Personally you should play the first two first though.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I agree.
Glad to hear this, but it does not mean to give gaming up. Take your time to play and to test another kinds of good games from another genres.
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Play Shadow of the tomb raider
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't say it's dead, but there's a lot of mediocre games coming out from good developers, and the focus on multiplayer really doesn't do it for me. Multiplayer is nice in amounts, but sometimes I just like to chill playing against bots or playing the story mode or something. A lot games are lacking in these areas, or just straight up lack the modes.

Most of my recent games consist of new games from old series which, honestly, many of which I haven't even got around to playing. The rest consists of mainly indie/small dev games and straight up older games. Hell, just look at some of my favourite games

SWBF2 - 2005
SWEAW + FOC expansion - both from 2006
GTA VC - 2002
L4D2 - 2009
BFBC 2 - 2010
Fallout 3 - 2008
Fallout NV - 2010

To add to that further, look at youtube gaming channels, many of those I used to watch are now 90% Fortnite. It was alright at first, but it grew boring very quickly.
Ben878 (LfL)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheMcSame)
I wouldn't say it's dead, but there's a lot of mediocre games coming out from good developers, and the focus on multiplayer really doesn't do it for me. Multiplayer is nice in amounts, but sometimes I just like to chill playing against bots or playing the story mode or something. A lot games are lacking in these areas, or just straight up lack the modes.

Most of my recent games consist of new games from old series which, honestly, many of which I haven't even got around to playing. The rest consists of mainly indie/small dev games and straight up older games. Hell, just look at some of my favourite games

SWBF2 - 2005
SWEAW + FOC expansion - both from 2006
GTA VC - 2002
L4D2 - 2009
BFBC 2 - 2010
Fallout 3 - 2008
Fallout NV - 2010

To add to that further, look at youtube gaming channels, many of those I used to watch are now 90% Fortnite. It was alright at first, but it grew boring very quickly.
Good taste if you like Fallout NV (and 3), I had Steam over 7 years and only got those two a month ago lol...I don't have that many games but New Vegas has to be one of my all time favourites. I personally cba for new games and haven't been for a while so L4D2, TF2 etc are old but still can give some occasional fun
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OP, you're playing all the same games. I advise you to broaden your horizon. Please go check out Cuphead or The Last Guardian, Resident Evil 7, Witcher III. Also, Red Dead 2 is coming out very soon.
StephRadriguez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a natural thing to have your interest level in things ebb and flow. I'll go through periods like your in now where I'm not compelled to play anything on a consistent basis, and then something will catch my attention and pull me back in. I hadn't been gaming much this summer as I was preoccupied with other things, but when Spider-Man dropped I stopped everything to pick it up. Now, I'm playing through some stuff on my backlog and counting the minutes until Red Dead 2.
ibyghee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im still deep into gaming LUL i dont think ill ever quit :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (101)
67.79%
No I haven't decided yet (28)
18.79%
Yes but I might change my mind (20)
13.42%

Watched Threads