Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateroseco)
    Hi everyone,

bit worried about my application tbh...
    I got a Band 1 so im happy with that but a 2480 overall and I have 2 A*s 7 As and 1 B with a A* AA predicted for a levels. Also have a lot of experience

Anyone have any advice?
    You score max 12/20 for academics, 6/6 for SJT and would have had 4 or 3 for UKCAT the last 3 years, so max of 22/34 with 6 still available for PS. See posts above for historical cut offs

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am just wondering for int'l students, what's the cut off score out of 40 to be applied? I am scoring as 20/20 for academics, 8/12 for the cat test, and hopefully making a score of 35/40.

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GANFYD)
    You score max 12/20 for academics, 6/6 for SJT and would have had 4 or 3 for UKCAT the last 3 years, so max of 22/34 with 6 still available for PS. See posts above for historical cut offs

Ah i see. So not worth an application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateroseco)
    Ah i see. So not worth an application?
    I would have thought not

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm a UK applicant and I'm applying to Edinburgh and I was wondering if anyone knows long it takes for them to send out offers/rejections? Just because obviously they don't interview so is it generally slower or quicker than other med schools?

(Also if anyone's interested my UKCAT was 825 average with Band 1, I got 11A* at GCSE and I'm predicted A*A*A*A)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello there

Im an international student looking to apply to edinburgh but not sure if my stats are strong enough. I achieved A*AA in maths chem bio respectively and got 660 avg ukcat with band 2. Is it wise to apply to edinburgh or should I choose a less ukcat demanding uni such as glasgow?

Thanks in advance for any responses !

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I want to apply to Edinburgh 2019 entry. Just wondering how they score Personal Statement... any tips wud be helpful
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am a Scottish student wondering what the likelihood of getting an offer from Edinburgh would be.

National 5: 7 A’s
    Highers: 5 A’s
    Predicted: AAAA (3 Advanced Highers and a crash Higher)
    UKCAT: 690 average, SJT band 2.

I would hope that my personal statement would get 4/6 or 5/6.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Check the Edinburgh Selectors Handbook 2018 online as there is a brief description of what they check in the personal statement For a Scottish applicant you need a score of 35 or 36 minimum but that figure could go up or downNo way unfortunately of knowing what the figure will be

ReputationRep:
    I think there is every likelihood of you being in the top octile for UKCAT, and if you are in the 2nd, you will only drop 1 point. In the past, Home applicants have needed 34+ for an offer, so looking good!!
    I have received an e mail from Edinburgh admissions stating that 35 / 36 is needed but that figure can go up or down

ReputationRep:
    Look up online the Edinburgh Admissions Selectors Handbook and it will give you the details of how they score the ps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ipiranga)
    I have received an e mail from Edinburgh admissions stating that 35 / 36 is needed but that figure can go up or down
    Yes, 35, 36, 36, 37 last 4 years from 2017/18 for RUK; 35, 36, 35, 36 Home/EU

ReputationRep:
    Yes, 35, 36, 36, 37 last 4 years from 2017/18 for RUK; 35, 36, 35, 36 Home/EU
    GANFYD I have a score of 20 for my academics as all A’s for 8 Nat 5 6 Higher's and predicted 3 A’s My UKCAT is 2600 Band 1 so I think that takes me up to 31 or 30 Would you have any knowledge about what percentage of applicants get a 6 or a 5 or a 4 for the non academic scoring as I am on the margins of the threshold
    I am a Scottish school leaver with a lot of extra curricular but don’t know how I will be scored

ReputationRep:
    GANFYD I have a score of 20 for my academics as all A’s for 8 Nat 5 6 Higher's and predicted 3 A’s My UKCAT is 2600 Band 1 so I think that takes me up to 31 or 30 Would you have any knowledge about what percentage of applicants get a 6 or a 5 or a 4 for the non academic scoring as I am on the margins of the threshold
    I am a Scottish school leaver with a lot of extra curricular but don’t know how I will be scored
    Previous years, Edinburgh have said only around 10% of applicants should get full marks, beyond that, I don't know, I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Previous years, Edinburgh have said only around 10% of applicants should get full marks, beyond that, I don't know, I'm afraid
    Thanks, I am going to phone them today to see if I can find out, if I do I will let you know

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I am going to phone them today to see if I can find out, if I do I will let you know
    I'm in a similar situation to you, how did your phone call go?

ReputationRep:
    I’ve applied to Edinburgh, heard they only send out offers in March however so it will be a long and nervous wait 😬
    Got 2950 (737.5 average) and Band 1
    Got 887 and 6A*s at GCSEs
    Predicted A*A*A*
    AAAA at AS level
    So I should get full marks for sjt, ukcat, academics but worried about personal statement cos even tho I’m happy with it, scoring feels like it could be really subjective so I don’t know how many points I’ll get, although I’m hoping for 4/6 so I should get 38/40, I’m a RUK student but hopefully that score might be enough 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cameron2101)
    I phoned them and they asked me to e mail them which I have done this morning but no reply as yet, hopefully I will hear back next week and will let you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cameron2101)
    I phoned this morning and they asked me to e mail them so still waiting for a reply

ReputationRep:
    Have e mailed but no reply as yet

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 16, 2019

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.