The Student Room Group

transfer to year 2

I know its a bit early for this already since it's literally freshers but I hate the uni that I'm going to and I am considering maybe transferring into a different uni during second year?

Course is Computer Science, my a levels are kind of bad (BBB) which is why I couldn't go for adjustment. If I worked to get a first or a 2:1 do I have a chance at unis like Manchester, KCL, Durham etc. Do unis consider the original entry requirements? If so which unis do and don't because I don't think my A-levels meet most requiremnts.

Current uni is QMUL btw
Original post by Agent007
I know its a bit early for this already since it's literally freshers but I hate the uni that I'm going to and I am considering maybe transferring into a different uni during second year?

Course is Computer Science, my a levels are kind of bad (BBB) which is why I couldn't go for adjustment. If I worked to get a first or a 2:1 do I have a chance at unis like Manchester, KCL, Durham etc. Do unis consider the original entry requirements? If so which unis do and don't because I don't think my A-levels meet most requiremnts.

Current uni is QMUL btw

If you hate it that much you have a chance to withdraw and take a gap at no penalty or withdraw and use clearing.

For transfers unis consider everything plus where you are coming from, curse compatibility , your scores and whether they have space. You would need very high scores.
Original post by 999tigger
If you hate it that much you have a chance to withdraw and take a gap at no penalty or withdraw and use clearing.

For transfers unis consider everything plus where you are coming from, curse compatibility , your scores and whether they have space. You would need very high scores.

Thats what I did.
Original post by quirky editor
Thats what I did.

If people are in that situation then its imperative to understand that leaving immediately is often much smarter than leaving after three weeks because the difference is often thousands of £.

Quick Reply

Latest