The Student Room Group

Next door neighbor gang threat and noise issues

Hey,

So I just moved into London to study a MA however we are having noise issues with our next door neighbor. Issues like playing bass music and movies between 12 to 6 in the morning. We have thin wall so we can hear everything which keeps us up all night.

We've spoken to noise enforcement and the landlord but not much can be done. I spoke to them face to face and they threaten me and used the black race card against me. Saying we oppress them and shoo them away etc which isn't the case here.

Anyways they know my face and name now, should I decide to move flats now? I don't know London well and this guy just threatened me for asking to turn down his music. I'm worried if I call the police/noise enforcement I'll get stabbed or mugged by them lot.

Any advise from London people?

Cheers
Original post by Chewie19954
Hey,

So I just moved into London to study a MA however we are having noise issues with our next door neighbor. Issues like playing bass music and movies between 12 to 6 in the morning. We have thin wall so we can hear everything which keeps us up all night.

We've spoken to noise enforcement and the landlord but not much can be done. I spoke to them face to face and they threaten me and used the black race card against me. Saying we oppress them and shoo them away etc which isn't the case here.

Anyways they know my face and name now, should I decide to move flats now? I don't know London well and this guy just threatened me for asking to turn down his music. I'm worried if I call the police/noise enforcement I'll get stabbed or mugged by them lot.

Any advise from London people?

Cheers

One way to resolve this is to take them to court for nuisance.
If you are in fear of their reaction then I would skip that.

I suggest you talk to Shelter and probably find a new place to avoid all the hassle of having poor neighbour relations. It will spoil your MA.
Ask Shelter about your landlords obligation to make sure you have quite enjoyment of the property. Ask if you cna use the noise as a way to terminate your agreement otherwise you might have issues getting out of the contract.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help
https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/complaints,_courts_and_tribunals/complaints_about_neighbours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending