The Student Room Group

Swapping English Lit for Politics?

Hey

i've started a levels and one of my courses is english lit. I'm good at it and have been encouraged to take it on, especially because its a strong and useful a level. However, I'm not really sure how much I'll enjoy it- I've found myself a little bored in some lessons and the teaching isn't brilliant.

So I've been considering switching to politics instead.

Could anyone give some advice on this because I really don't know what to do. I might turn out to enjoy it and it's an extremely valuable a level, but I really don't want to end up for another 2 years in lessons I won't enjoy.

Advice please?
What degree do you want to do?
Reply 2
Original post by Nathan Scott
What degree do you want to do?

I really don't know at this point, all I know is that I won't be doing a specific degree in english. I haven't put much thought into it yet, but i'm thinking along the lines of history or MFL.
Original post by jd987
I really don't know at this point, all I know is that I won't be doing a specific degree in english. I haven't put much thought into it yet, but i'm thinking along the lines of history or MFL.

What are the other options? If you have history and a language a level you should be fine with politics. 2 facilitating subjects will be easier than doing 3
Reply 4
Original post by Nathan Scott
What are the other options? If you have history and a language a level you should be fine with politics. 2 facilitating subjects will be easier than doing 3

Im doing history, french spanish and english lit
Original post by jd987
Im doing history, french spanish and english lit

Those are good choices, I personally don’t see the point in doing politics unless you’re really interested in it, as you could always drop English next year if you don’t enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest