In large events how can they prevent underage drinking with parents consent

Watch
Studentboy783
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So if I go to a concert in a large arena or stadium and my parents buy me a alcoholic drink what is stopping me from underage drinking. I mean they can’t exactly ID me in the middle of a concert can they?. Also id be blending into a crowd and so they wouldn’t be able to see it. Not planning on doing this by the way if I go to a concert or event I want to be at my most attentive and absorbing every moment which means drinking isn’t something I’d do
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah they wouldn’t notice. Drinking at home from the age of 5 is legal in the UK so I don’t see why it would even be a big deal as long as you weren’t allowed much away from home. It isn’t as if most people that get drunk are going to be responsible and not cause some issue or other.
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
Yeah they wouldn’t notice. Drinking at home from the age of 5 is legal in the UK so I don’t see why it would even be a big deal as long as you weren’t allowed much away from home. It isn’t as if most people that get drunk are going to be responsible and not cause some issue or other.
Oh thanks. My parents said that at a music festival in our area (not family friendly but like teenagers/parents together friendly) that they’d buy me a drink if I wanted next year if anyone we like is coming
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
how old are you? here is the law on alcohol.
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joleee)
how old are you? here is the law on alcohol.
I’m 15 and please no one give me a underage drinking lecture it’s just a waste of your time it’s not wanted
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Studentboy783)
I’m 15 and please no one give me a underage drinking lecture it’s just a waste of your time it’s not wanted
You sound sensible enough to not overdo it even if you did it, have fun.
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
You sound sensible enough to not overdo it even if you did it, have fun.
I would be drinking a single beer max throughout the entire event not binge drinking so I wouldn’t be overdoing it
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Studentboy783)
i'm not giving you a lecture. lol i gave you the link so you can read the law for yourself rather than rely on someone here who may be misinformed. just trying to help. ;-)
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Legally you shouldn’t so best to avoid it, but realistically I would think it wouldn’t be noticed. Still if you don’t want much then you won’t be bothered by not having.
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
Something that’s confusing me about this is that a lot of people would say it’s wrong to buy a teen a beer at a event but they applaud a younger child having a (very) large sip of a parents drink (I’ve seen this for myself. Does anyone know why this is. I don’t see why a young child can have alcohol when they shouldn’t have it at all when someone who can legally drink at home can’t have a drink
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (22)
70.97%
I don't have everything I need (9)
29.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed