Macbeth , who’s guilty for Duncan’s murder Watch

Trinity.Grace
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Really stuck on my homework ,
Have to write a PEACE paragraph on Macbeth saying who do I think is guilty for Duncan’s murder ( I think lady Macbeth) but I don’t know how to use quotes to support this , could someone help please xx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Darkanra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Remind me what PEACE stands for again? ^^'

Wait, nevermind, I got it.

So, you think it's Lady M, why?
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am.
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is this GCSE level? If so, maybe use one of the quotes from when Lady macbeth is trying to convince macbeth to do it e.g: "When you durst do it, then you were a man; And to be more than what*you were,*you*would Be so much more theman” then you can talk about gender roles in Shakespearean times and how it would have been a massive insult to be said to not be a man. So yeah she uses that to manipulate him into committing the murder. But yeah a just write about that. Idk what PEACE stands for but using my point you could elaborate to all the requirements you'd need for a gcses paragraph.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
user20031516
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(I don't know what PEACE means but I'll try and help regardless)

I would just read over the acts where Lady Macbeth is mentioned and then highlight some important things. I can't give quotes right now without pulling out a textbook.

So you think Lady Macbeth is responsible? Get some reasons bulletpointed and then you'll know what to find quotes about so it's less stab-in-the-dark. So Duncan was murdered technically by Macbeth; yet it was Lady Mabeth who gave him the idea and manipulated him - so maybe say things like "If it wasn't for Lady Macbeth, Macbeth wouldn't have even entertained the notion of murder (give quotes of her manipulation)". / "Lady Macbeth's role in Duncan's death might not have been physically murdering him, but her part in manipulating Macbeth (quotes perhaps) made it so the blood was technically on her hands" Or something simliar.

You could either dig out quotes and work with them, or if that's not working for you, write why you believe Lady Macbeth is responsible - and if you can't find a good quote for evidence, you know your point is BS!

Sparknotes is good for finding quotes, I'd look into that. The internet is very helpful (just don't let it answer the question for you). I'd just re-read the passage and see Lady Macbeth's manipulation, lies, active role in it. Explore that even though Macbeth committed the murder technically, she was the devil on his shoulder.

I hope it goes well for you - just keep re-writing and re-writing until it's good and don't give up. English lit is hard, I'm in the same boat as you so this is just student-to-student advice on how I'd answer it.

Good thing about English lit is that there kinda is no right answer - as long as you're convincing and giving sufficient evidence, you'll get top marks whatever person you choose!

Good luuuuck!

(also, look up goodreads and macbeth quotes if you're reaaaaaallly stuck) xx
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
you could consider both arguments- lm and macbeth. lm successfuly manipulates her husband to perform the deed and then has hallucinations of blood on her hands- this could be arguing that at the end of the day, she had the greater amount of power thus suffers tremendous guilt after.
macbeth continues to be uneasy following the murder and wants to make sure he's definitely holding onto the crown etc; his guilt is likely making him insecure and paranoid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (115)
17.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (113)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.85%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (196)
30.02%

Watched Threads