Is god guilty for evil and suffering Watch

EO4LIF3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey, I’ve got an essay and I need you guys s help
It’s called “Is God guilty for evil and suffering?”
As it says , we have to write about whether god is responsible and include these arguments :
Iranaeus
Augustine
Platinga’s Free will
J l Mackie
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Of course god is not guilty for evil and suffering because this god does not exist.

Although that has not stopped believers in god from inflicting evil and suffering throughout the ages.
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sulfolobus)
Of course god is not guilty for evil and suffering because this god does not exist.
Although that has not stopped believers in god from inflicting evil and suffering

throughout the ages.
Okay but please give evidence or respond to the arguments above to prove your point
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If doing the required work to write this essay makes you suffer, is that God's fault?

Seriously though, here's my answer.
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Sulfolobus)

Although that has not stopped believers in god from inflicting evil and suffering throughout the ages.
*According to your opinion.
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by EO4LIF3)
Okay but please give evidence or respond to the arguments above to prove your point
There is no evidence that God exists. The burden of proof is on believers. Not the other way around.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I just have. Attributing evil to God is predicated upon you demonstrating that God exists in the first place.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
In four words you have just demonstrated why atheism is on the rise in more developed countries.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
And there being no evidence of their existence.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
God gave us free will. We are the problem and we need to work out how to stop this pain and suffering.
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by NJA)
If doing the required work to write this essay makes you suffer, is that God's fault?

Seriously though, here's my answer.
I read the post on fb but I didn’t understand it
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jack22031994)
There is no evidence that God exists. The burden of proof is on believers. Not the other way around.
That makes sense. But from the perspective of a believer you would say...?
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I read the post on fb but I didn’t understand it
God has been providing and healing body mind and spirit.

Man is ignorant of this, and carries on his own selfish, self-centred ways until it goes pear-shaped, then he blames God.

Come and see people that aren't doing this, they get different results.
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by DarthRoar)
Instead of the help safe bruv, ill slide you some sad remarks and memes
I'm alright thank you
Zasty
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If god does exist, then it's likely she's testing us to see which ones are worthy of the good afterlife e.g heaven
If god does not exist, then it's probably the same old concept of if there is a reaction there must be an equal or opposite reaction.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What is the context of this essay? What subject/module are you doing?

You need to start with the assumption that a god exists to write this, which is already shaky ground for an essay.
You also need to decide which god you will assume exists to be able to discuss it for how the god is meant to operate, it’s abilities and attributes.

Sounds like a bad topic to write about really, were you made to or given options?
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
What is the context of this essay? What subject/module are you doing?

You need to start with the assumption that a god exists to write this, which is already shaky ground for an essay.
You also need to decide which god you will assume exists to be able to discuss it for how the god is meant to operate, it’s abilities and attributes.

Sounds like a bad topic to write about really, were you made to or given options?
Ta;lking about theodicies, existence of god and we were forced to do it

Thank You all for the help, I have finiished the assignment / essay but guess what... she hasnt marked it smh
peterp70
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If by evil you mean breaking the ten commandments then consider various other codes of conduct, for example at work. If one chooses to break a code then is it the employer's fault the code was broken.
Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey, I’ve got an essay and I need you guys s help
It’s called “Is God guilty for evil and suffering?”
As it says , we have to write about whether god is responsible and include these arguments :
Iranaeus
Augustine
Platinga’s Free will
J l Mackie
"And there you go. You heard her, Iri. Our Heroic Spirit thinks a battlefield to be something better than Hell. What a joke. It's Hell itself. There is no hope on a battlefield. There is nothing but unspeakable despair. Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated. But humanity has never recognized this truth. And the reason is that, in every era, a dazzling hero has blinded the people with their legends, and kept them from seeing the evil of bloodshed. True human nature has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age." - Kiritsugu Emiya
Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by peterp70)
If by evil you mean breaking the ten commandments then consider various other codes of conduct, for example at work. If one chooses to break a code then is it the employer's fault the code was broken.
:rofl3::hahaha::rofl: :rofl2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
32.55%
The paper was reasonable (312)
49.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (72)
11.32%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.08%

Watched Threads