ManavS31
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am drafting a personal statement and I have done Bronze Dofe. Will it be ok to say I have done both Bronze and Silver Dofe. Will they find out i didn't actually do Silver
Yodalam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Best not to because if they do you are 100% not going to get into that university. Also, if they ask you in the interview about it and you are on the spot, it’s hard to lie.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not worth it, they wouldn't care about the DofE, but they would care about you lying.
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i just dont see why, do u think having silver dofe will be advantageous? having dofe nowadays is so overused, and its not relevant im not even putting mine on my ps, literally no point.
Bunnykins
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
At every subject talk and other talk I have attended at a university (and I have attended several) they have said that they aren't interested in D of E. Schools push the idea, but in reality univesities don't care.

At interviews you will be quizzed about stuff on your personal statement, and if you are found out to have lied then they won't want you.

Don't lie.
ManavS31
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Bunnykins)
At every subject talk and other talk I have attended at a university (and I have attended several) they have said that they aren't interested in D of E. Schools push the idea, but in reality univesities don't care.

At interviews you will be quizzed about stuff on your personal statement, and if you are found out to have lied then they won't want you.

Don't lie.
can i get away with it
Bunnykins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lol1223)
can i get away with it
What do you hope to achieve? Admissions tutors don't care about D of E, so why bother in the first place?
Mya.Ahmed18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its best not to because you get certificates out of this and what if they want to see it which they probably won’t but just be honest!
scienceishguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am drafting a personal statement and I have done Bronze Dofe. Will it be ok to say I have done both Bronze and Silver Dofe. Will they find out i didn't actually do Silver
DofE is a great thing to have on an application but Bronze is enough, still shows you have done something. I have done all three stages but all I put was “I have done DofE” didn’t state which levels. If they want to know anymore, they will ask at the interview. But at least it is there, no lying included.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's a really bad start, isn't it? The willingness to be deceitful before you've even started. Just try telling the truth.
Bunnykins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The wanting to lie says a lot about you. It will backfire one day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads