The Student Room Group

Moving back to previous school sixth form

So i am thinking about moving back to my previous schools Sixth form. The only reason i moved in the first place is because they say it’s the best school in the borough. It seems alright but i dont talk to many people besides my friends from my old school. However i want to also be reunited back with my old friends. Its been 2weeks since sixth form has started so would i be extremely behind? Im still really confused if i should or shouldnt so any advice and would i be very far behind?
Original post by cbains02
So i am thinking about moving back to my previous schools Sixth form. The only reason i moved in the first place is because they say it’s the best school in the borough. It seems alright but i dont talk to many people besides my friends from my old school. However i want to also be reunited back with my old friends. Its been 2weeks since sixth form has started so would i be extremely behind? Im still really confused if i should or shouldnt so any advice and would i be very far behind?

Depends how unhappy and how far their average grades are plus where you think you will do best.

As for 2 weeks easy to catch up in 3 weeks. First week is normally slow so nothing to worry about really.

Have they said they will take you back?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Depends how unhappy and how far their average grades are plus where you think you will do best.

As for 2 weeks easy to catch up in 3 weeks. First week is normally slow so nothing to worry about really.

Have they said they will take you back?

My friends say the grades are barely better than my previous schools but im not certain of it. Im pretty sure my school isnt too bad either aswell though but I do feel like the new school is better. I phoned back 2 days after their sixth form started and only gave me by tomorrow morning to decide so i just didnt phone them back. However my friend is like he will ask the head of year 12 about it and see if there’s any space.
My friends say the grades are barely better than my previous schools but im not certain of it. Im pretty sure my school isnt too bad either aswell though but I do feel like the new school is better. I phoned back 2 days after their sixth form started and only gave me by tomorrow morning to decide so i just didnt phone them back. However my friend is like he will ask the head of year 12 about it and see if there’s any space.

Use this to see if you can compare their average A level grades.

https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/find-a-school-in-england
Reply 4
Use this to see if you can compare their average A level grades.

https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/find-a-school-in-england

So i looked at schools and the school i go to the a levels are I think 0.16 above average whereas my previous school is 0.32 below. Ofsted for new school is outstanding but previous school is good. I compared both and my new school is 0.93 above average and old school is 0.9 above average. Whatd you think??
So i looked at schools and the school i go to the a levels are I think 0.16 above average whereas my previous school is 0.32 below. Ofsted for new school is outstanding but previous school is good. I compared both and my new school is 0.93 above average and old school is 0.9 above average. Whatd you think??

Then you have to estimate- friends+ known environment will that give you a better shpt than new place? Have to find out if old place will consider you although I wouldnt ask unless you wanted to return as they wont like to be messed about. Talk to parents and think about any commuting. You dont sound miserable.
Reply 6
Then you have to estimate- friends+ known environment will that give you a better shpt than new place? Have to find out if old place will consider you although I wouldnt ask unless you wanted to return as they wont like to be messed about. Talk to parents and think about any commuting. You dont sound miserable.

I told my parents and they said it was completely my choice. But its been 2 weeks so they prefer me to stay but yeah still really unsure

Quick Reply

Latest