The Student Room Group

Sixth form: revision

A levels have just started (year12) so how much revision do you think i should be doing on a daily? I have started revision by going over the class notes for revision as well as making my own. I also use most of my free periods to revise which i believe will help me. However, when i come home im tired and fall asleep so i dont get much time to revise. Is it too bad?
i dont think so since its just the fisrt week , what u are doing now seems ok
Original post by cbains02
A levels have just started (year12) so how much revision do you think i should be doing on a daily? I have started revision by going over the class notes for revision as well as making my own. I also use most of my free periods to revise which i believe will help me. However, when i come home im tired and fall asleep so i dont get much time to revise. Is it too bad?

Had the same problem with falling asleep as well. However, I think what you are currently doing is good. Keep doing what you do and try to revise an hour every night when you get home to just make sure you have the stuff fresh from the day.
Reply 3
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Had the same problem with falling asleep as well. However, I think what you are currently doing is good. Keep doing what you do and try to revise an hour every night when you get home to just make sure you have the stuff fresh from the day.

Thanks, but when it gets closer to exams how much revision roughly per night?
Original post by cbains02
Thanks, but when it gets closer to exams how much revision roughly per night?

I wouldnt limit myself in all honesty. my current revision is me recalling information per topic every day for just one subject. So for example on.a monday, I want to do Biology so I will recall all the infkrmation under Plasma Membranes. I will use my memory to write everything i know and then check what I missed and revise that stuff. This takes a good hour or so but is very effective. On a tuesday, I might want to go over some Chemistry and I might do Alcohols, Amines and Nitriles using the same method. Wednesday I will do Maths. However, at the end I will answer exam questions after revision each night.

The issue with limiting yourself is that you never know how long you are going go spend revising. Plus with alevels, the content is huge so you need tk revise from day 1 to actually remember stuff and not spend hours days before the exams. Use the tike before exams to go over your weak points. This should be appox 2 to 3 hours a day before exams but can vary on how confident you feel.

(sorry for any mistakes, I was about to sleep but hopefully this answers what you asked)
Reply 5
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I wouldnt limit myself in all honesty. my current revision is me recalling information per topic every day for just one subject. So for example on.a monday, I want to do Biology so I will recall all the infkrmation under Plasma Membranes. I will use my memory to write everything i know and then check what I missed and revise that stuff. This takes a good hour or so but is very effective. On a tuesday, I might want to go over some Chemistry and I might do Alcohols, Amines and Nitriles using the same method. Wednesday I will do Maths. However, at the end I will answer exam questions after revision each night.

The issue with limiting yourself is that you never know how long you are going go spend revising. Plus with alevels, the content is huge so you need tk revise from day 1 to actually remember stuff and not spend hours days before the exams. Use the tike before exams to go over your weak points. This should be appox 2 to 3 hours a day before exams but can vary on how confident you feel.

(sorry for any mistakes, I was about to sleep but hopefully this answers what you asked)

Yeah thanks, so recalling information from previous lessons and trying to remember is what youre trying to get at?

Quick Reply

Latest