Is this true?

Watch
Dan192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but I listen to motivational speeches quite often since I believe they help me out. I was just listening to this one motivational speech that made me want to ask here which I hear countless amount of times in motivational speeches and that is can you truly achieve everything you want in life?

I really wonder about this question, can we achieve anything we want in life no matter what? Is this true? I personally believe it’s true. Everyday, many people stress about education. Right? We all do it, even I do. I’m still stressing about something yet I don’t understand why I should/still am stressing about my education even when that statement is true.

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would greatly appreciate it!
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, it's merely just a motivation booster. The amount of situations you may occur in life is infinite, and in that regard can very well impede some of your aspirations at no fault of your own. Way too many external variables that may make or break you, but you still need motivation and tenacity to get to where you want to be.
billie mercury
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can achieve anything in life buuuuuuuuuuuuuut (insert everything in life that will try to tear you away from your dream).
ZsDeividas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dan192)
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but I listen to motivational speeches quite often since I believe they help me out. I was just listening to this one motivational speech that made me want to ask here which I hear countless amount of times in motivational speeches and that is can you truly achieve everything you want in life?

I really wonder about this question, can we achieve anything we want in life no matter what? Is this true? I personally believe it’s true. Everyday, many people stress about education. Right? We all do it, even I do. I’m still stressing about something yet I don’t understand why I should/still am stressing about my education even when that statement is true.

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would greatly appreciate it!
It’s called motivational for a reason, in reality you can’t achieve everything you want in life. It does, however, make you want to do it but 99% don’t actually take action on they goal. The way the world is set up is for you to fail. But... do I believe anyone can be rich? Yes. Do I believe anyone can be a gold medalist? No. I think being realistic is a bad thing, being optimistic is better but man i really can’t be optimistic...
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
No, it's merely just a motivation booster. The amount of situations you may occur in life is infinite, and in that regard can very well impede some of your aspirations at no fault of your own. Way too many external variables that may make or break you, but you still need motivation and tenacity to get to where you want to be.
I think that’s wrong on how your aspirations can’t be achieved. - Then again, that is my opinion btw
I really do believe that any aspirations you have can be achievable through the time and effort you put in. There are always ways to achieve your aspirations. It might just be a different pathway/a pathway you didn’t expect to take
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dan192)
I think that’s wrong on how your aspirations can’t be achieved. - Then again, that is my opinion btw
I really do believe that any aspirations you have can be achievable through the time and effort you put in. There are always ways to achieve your aspirations. It might just be a different pathway/a pathway you didn’t expect to take
Your reading comprehension is bad.
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Your reading comprehension is bad.
My apologies then
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on what you want in life. Some things are achievable, some things would be achievable for someone else (different time or place), and some just won't happen.

But regardless, you do need to try, and to do that you need to believe it's possible. You might fail, but you're no worse off than where you were before (unless your dream was to swim in lava).
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Determination and hard work will help you to achieve much of what you want to, yes, but everyone has a zenith.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (187)
43.49%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.4%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.67%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (90)
20.93%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.7%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.81%

Watched Threads