The Student Room Group

Why do guys just want fwb?

I do not understand why they lead a girl on to thinking they want a relationship but when it comes to it and she ends up liking the guy, the guy says i just want to beat, if you're up for it then good if not bye?

I do not understand why people relationship is under rated??
You're meeting the wrong guys. There are guys there who do want a genuine relationship...

Original post by Anonymous
I do not understand why they lead a girl on to thinking they want a relationship but when it comes to it and she ends up liking the guy, the guy says i just want to beat, if you're up for it then good if not bye?

Reply 2
Seems to be sex is all anyone can ever think about, if only the world was full of Asexuals.
Reply 3
There would always be desire in most people to reproduce, but having most people sex-crazed is surely a weakness in this world, though evolution is acting too slow for it to change that.
Reply 4
Such a shame, it seems to be having a bad effect on relationships. We can only hope things change over time and it becomes less of an issue for everyone.
You say this as if all FWB setups are born of guys tricking girls into thinking there will be a relationship. The extreme majority of the time it's a clear and mutual decision by both parties. There are just as many women as there are men that just want sex without the complications of a relationship. My FWB and I both essentially said to each other we're not after anything serious at the moment but both fancied the pants off each other, so an FWB relationship seemed like the obvious choice. We've been seeing each other for a year now, still no plans to make it serious at this point.

Original post by Bio 7
Seems to be sex is all anyone can ever think about, if only the world was full of Asexuals.

Wishing the extinction of the human race is a bit extreme :rofl:
Reply 6
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You say this as if all FWB setups are born of guys tricking girls into thinking there will be a relationship. The extreme majority of the time it's a clear and mutual decision by both parties. There are just as many women as there are men that just want sex without the complications of a relationship. My FWB and I both essentially said to each other we're not after anything serious at the moment but both fancied the pants off each other, so an FWB relationship seemed like the obvious choice. We've been seeing each other for a year now, still no plans to make it serious at this point.

Wishing the extinction of the human race is a bit extreme :rofl:

Desire for offspring would exist in enough people that the race would live on. And there would be no problems of unwanted children as each one would be born deliberately.

It will never happen but to think how the world would look if it happened is interesting.
Original post by Bio 7
Desire for offspring would exist in enough people that the race would live on. And there would be no problems of unwanted children as each one would be born deliberately.

It will never happen but to think how the world would look if it happened is interesting.

The lack of sales of condoms or other contraceptives, as well as sex toys and other accessories, would be terrible for the economy :tongue:
You probably just have bad taste in men.
Reply 9
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

I second this.

Just be careful not to fall for her man...it does hurt.
Reply 10
Original post by Bio 7

Imagine having sex just for the desire of having an offspring.

You sound like Leonard's mum from The Big Bang Theory.
Because we've felt pain and know what it is like to lose someone special and beautiful. We have vowed never to face this fated demon forevermore and you'll be damned if we're forsake this vow.

Alas, we still wanna cuddle. No strings attached, mind.
Reply 12
Original post by AnharM
Imagine having sex just for the desire of having an offspring.

You sound like Leonard's mum from The Big Bang Theory.

In it’s earlier seasons it had a lot of good points, that being one of the logical ones.

I'm a woman but I feel the same way and I kind of get the guys point of view. If someone is happy with themselves or their lives then a relationship is going to be a lot of hassle, involves a lot of compromise etc. Sometimes you just want sex for the sake of sex, not a relationship

Not all guys are like that. But talking as a guy here... I find it annoying too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending