Report 7 months ago
I think you get 5 working days
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
poiuytrewqw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes my deadline to complete is on wednesday, but I read somewhere that they say 5 working days but you can actally complete it in 10. Not sure if I'd risk it tho.
tazman098
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Does anyone have the possible questions that can come up?
ridazdi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SP98)
Hi everyone, I'm a BrightStart in Audit and will happy to take any questions
Hi there, do you know how many positions are available for the Deloitte BrightStart scheme for Audit in the London office? Do they only choose one person or several? Thanks!!
SP98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, As far as I am aware, this year there were quite a few apprentices in the London office. I am sure there won’t just be one place! Let me know if you have any other questions 😁
ridazdi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SP98)
Hi, As far as I am aware, this year there were quite a few apprentices in the London office. I am sure there won’t just be one place! Let me know if you have any other questions 😁
That’s relieving!! Also, I submitted my job simulation about a month ago and haven’t heard back, do they usually take this long or should I be scared?
alexandra44
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by SP98)
Hi everyone, I'm a BrightStart in Audit and will happy to take any questions
Hi, I’ve just been invited to the final stage assessment Interview and it’s in just under 2 weeks. Do you have any advice for the day, what to expect, how to prepare/(staying calm)? Any help would be great thank you!
Gheherdabel
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by alexandra44)
Hi, I’ve just been invited to the final stage assessment Interview and it’s in just under 2 weeks. Do you have any advice for the day, what to expect, how to prepare/(staying calm)? Any help would be great thank you!
You’ll receive an email soon telling you what to expect on the day. The best advice I can give you is to talk to other people as much as you can, but don’t dominate discussions.
alexandra44
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gheherdabel)
You’ll receive an email soon telling you what to expect on the day. The best advice I can give you is to talk to other people as much as you can, but don’t dominate discussions.
Just got my email this morning, thank you!
SP98
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, well done on reaching the final stage! I think the final stage consists of a group task and a one on one interview. In the group task, it's really important to show that you're a team player, so make sure you share your ideas, but also encourage the quieter people in the room to share their ideas. It's also quite important to show that you're listening attentively, value other's ideas and have something meaningful to contribute e.g. 'that's a good method of addressing the task, however have you considered xyz?'. As for the one on one interview, the best piece of advice I can give is to just be yourself. The interviewer does not want to catch you out and is interested in knowing you as a person so try to let that authenticity show itself. Finally, maybe read a few recent news articles about things happening in the accounting industry (Patisserie Valerie may be a start) and other things in the industry which interest you. For example, I was really interested in tech, automation, artificial intelligence and how that will impact the audit profession, so ended up having quite a long discussion about that with the interviewer. At the end, it's up to you to decide what trajectory you'd like to take your interview on so I would advise just brushing up a little on something which interests you so that you can talk about it on the day.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

(Original post by alexandra44)
SP98
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ridazdi)
That’s relieving!! Also, I submitted my job simulation about a month ago and haven’t heard back, do they usually take this long or should I be scared?
Hey, don't worry about that, I know of people who waited around 3 months so it's nothing to worry about!
alexandra44
Rep:
?
(Original post by SP98)
Hi, well done on reaching the final stage! I think the final stage consists of a group task and a one on one interview. In the group task, it's really important to show that you're a team player, so make sure you share your ideas, but also encourage the quieter people in the room to share their ideas. It's also quite important to show that you're listening attentively, value other's ideas and have something meaningful to contribute e.g. 'that's a good method of addressing the task, however have you considered xyz?'. As for the one on one interview, the best piece of advice I can give is to just be yourself. The interviewer does not want to catch you out and is interested in knowing you as a person so try to let that authenticity show itself. Finally, maybe read a few recent news articles about things happening in the accounting industry (Patisserie Valerie may be a start) and other things in the industry which interest you. For example, I was really interested in tech, automation, artificial intelligence and how that will impact the audit profession, so ended up having quite a long discussion about that with the interviewer. At the end, it's up to you to decide what trajectory you'd like to take your interview on so I would advise just brushing up a little on something which interests you so that you can talk about it on the day.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!
Thank you very much!
notgoingtouni101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Has anyone got an offer after attending their final stage assessment?
Counterstrike1.6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, got my offer today for Deloitte London... ))
alexandra44
Rep:
?
Well done!! What service line is it for? And when did you have your assessment day if you don't mind me asking?

(Original post by Counterstrike1.6)
Hi, got my offer today for Deloitte London... ))
Counterstrike1.6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Tech Consulting
22nd Feb
12BathK18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Tech Consulting
22nd Feb
hi mate,
the offer you got, is it conditional upon you achieving certain results on results day.
also, did they reveal your salary for it?
many thanks,
kishan
Counterstrike1.6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
BCC 22k
(Original post by 12BathK18)
hi mate,
the offer you got, is it conditional upon you achieving certain results on results day.
also, did they reveal your salary for it?
many thanks,
kishan
12BathK18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
BCC 22k
thank you.
but what I mean is that do you have to achieve bcc. how would they check on results day?
poiuytrewqw
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think they get in contact with the exam board or your school. Has anyone who has applied in manchester heard back after the job simulation? I did mine in December and am getting worried because I haven't heard anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise