UCL Bartlett Architecture Application 2019 Watch

mavila
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by yunjibi888)
To recommend, doing the task honestly and at the best that you can would really help with the application process. They do know roughly how much you should take for each piece based on the medium that you use. If you get into the interview stage, it is really important to prepare what each of your piece(s) are trying to convey to the interviewer. They are really interested on what you think.
Goodluck!
I sent off my task like two weeks ago and I have only got the confirmation email taht they have recieved it. Do you guys know where I could get the info about the contents for the portfolio and the interview dates? Also I tried logging into their application tracker and its just not working for me.
yunjibi888
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mavila)
I sent off my task like two weeks ago and I have only got the confirmation email taht they have recieved it. Do you guys know where I could get the info about the contents for the portfolio and the interview dates? Also I tried logging into their application tracker and its just not working for me.
You’ll get another email directly from UCL regarding with the interview date and what you need to do with the portfolio. But the portfolio is similar to what you’ll need/do for other universities anyways.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mavila
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by yunjibi888)
You’ll get another email directly from UCL regarding with the interview date and what you need to do with the portfolio. But the portfolio is similar to what you’ll need/do for other universities anyways.
Thank you!!
LyraBaute
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mavila)
I sent it off for the 7th of NOvember deadline too and havent got an email about interview, only the confirmation of receipt.

I think theyre waiting for the second round of bartlett tasks (i think deadline for the end of november) to be sent in before they start asking for december or jan interviews
Quyen_3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by LyraBaute)
I sent it off for the 7th of NOvember deadline too and havent got an email about interview, only the confirmation of receipt.

I think theyre waiting for the second round of bartlett tasks (i think deadline for the end of november) to be sent in before they start asking for december or jan interviews
I thought the deadline for all unis (apart from oxbridge etc..) is on the 15th of Jan?
LyraBaute
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Quyen_3)
I thought the deadline for all unis (apart from oxbridge etc..) is on the 15th of Jan?
i meant the bartlett task, everybody gets assigned a different deadline
Quyen_3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by LyraBaute)
i meant the bartlett task, everybody gets assigned a different deadline
Oh i see aha sorry!
Jul.46
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey, just wanted to update you guys that I've just recently received the task, and yessss I've finally applied!!!!
Has anyone gotten feedback or has an been offered an interview yet???
Jacob_2019
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jul.46)
Hey, just wanted to update you guys that I've just recently received the task, and yessss I've finally applied!!!!
Has anyone gotten feedback or has an been offered an interview yet???
OMG thts cool! i am going to apply tomorrow. finally have my PS ready to go. Also, I had some questions about the task. are the different for everyone?
also, whats your task? (if u dont mind me asking)
LyraBaute
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Great! And yes i'm positive the task is the same for everyone as they would want to see how each applicant interprets the task and so they can evaluate each persons skill level.

I was given five themes, which shouldn't be drawn from photograph, with each piece being drawn in different time intervals so one taking 5mins, 15mins, 30mins, 60mins and 90mins. (sorry i cant remember the themes off the top of my head) hope that helps anyways
I think the themes for this year were pretty straightforward. Good luck to ur task!
Jacob_2019
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Just sent off my application today. Wish me luck
Jul.46
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jacob_2019)
Just sent off my application today. Wish me luck
Good Luck!!!
Jul.46
Rep:
?
Does anyone know how long it will take to deliver my task if I send it off today (29th nov) as they wish to receive it by the 5th of dec???
mahreekeh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Does anyone know how long it will take to deliver my task if I send it off today (29th nov) as they wish to receive it by the 5th of dec???
You should be fine, I sent mine off on Thursday and it got delivered on Monday - and I'm international.
Jul.46
Rep:
?
(Original post by mahreekeh)
You should be fine, I sent mine off on Thursday and it got delivered on Monday - and I'm international.
Okay cool, That’s a relief thanks
mari6m
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey!
If you live in the UK sending a letter like that should take maximum 2 days, so they'll for sure receive your work before the 5th, if you want to play it safe I'd recommend using a first class stamp. I've literally just sent my task off today as well and its due for the 3rd of Dec. This whole process is nerve wracking isn't it.
Jul.46
Rep:
?
Yes thanks, it really is, I feel like if I get one thing wrong they won’t even consider my whole application. But you gotta just go for it don’t ya.
(Original post by mari6m)
Hey!
If you live in the UK sending a letter like that should take maximum 2 days, so they'll for sure receive your work before the 5th, if you want to play it safe I'd recommend using a first class stamp. I've literally just sent my task off today as well and its due for the 3rd of Dec. This whole process is nerve wracking isn't it.
mari6m
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yes thanks, it really is, I feel like if I get one thing wrong they won’t even consider my whole application. But you gotta just go for it don’t ya.
i know, the UCL application process can put really skilful applicants at a disadvantage sometimes, kinda sucks
Jul.46
Rep:
?
Oh really I did wonder how some of the past applicants got rejected as their assessment task works seemed quite impressive compared to some of the people who got in but I guess the task is quite subjective and their looking for creativity and how you pick out detail rather than your ability to draw (which is still quite an important aspect) but that’s just my what I think of the process so far.
mari6m
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh really I did wonder how some of the past applicants got rejected as their assessment task works seemed quite impressive compared to some of the people who got in but I guess the task is quite subjective and their looking for creativity and how you pick out detail rather than your ability to draw (which is still quite an important aspect) but that’s just my what I think of the process so far.
i agree, there was a guy back in 2012 from general judgement didnt show a lot of technical drawing skill nor conceptual creativity but he still got on the course, i guess its just down to who moderates your work huh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads