TheEnchantress
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been wanting to apply to the Physician Associate course since I found it. But today I went on to the site and realised that they changed the entry requirements and I don’t meet them 😭 I’m literally so devastated 😢 All my family knows how I’ve been going on and on and on about this course just to find out now that I wouldn’t even get passed the first hurdle 😰 do you think I should still apply and just hope for a miracle or just give up on my dream 💔
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Anyone??? 😭
Epitype
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What is the requirement that you can't meet?
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Epitype)
What is the requirement that you can't meet?
They changed the GCSE requirements to 5As including maths but I’m pretty sure before it was 5A-C
Epitype
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheEnchantress)
They changed the GCSE requirements to 5As including maths but I’m pretty sure before it was 5A-C
What university is that?
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Epitype)
What university is that?
University of Central Lancashire
Epitype
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah, you want to apply to the integrated Masters, which is an Undergraduate degree?
Epitype
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As ecolier stated above, your best option is applying to courses like Biomedical Sciences and Biomedicine (any life science course really) as well as the MPAS course UCLan.
If you get into UCLan, fantastic!
If worst comes to worst, you'll have to do the undergraduate in the life science course and then apply for the PGDip/MSc course upon graduation. That way there are many more universities, the GCSE and A-level requirements are waived and is dependent on your overall university grade.
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
As far as I know only a handful of Unis (possibly only one!) offer PA undergrad degree (as a 4 year course), so what were your other choices?

Have you considered doing biomedicine / related courses then apply to do a PA masters? That's what most PA students do anyway.
I know it’s only UCLAN who offer it unfortunately as an undergraduate 😭 I have thought of doing it as a postgraduate but it’s very expensive and I really don’t want to do Biomedical Science seeing as though I’m really not enjoying biology right now 😫 and I know a lot of the content will overlap but it’s just different when your actually learning the content on the degree 🤯 I know I’m just creating barriers for myself 😰 But it’s so upsetting seeing as though now I’m back in square 1 😓 I always hear how if people didn’t get into medicine they go in to Physician Associate, which is fair enough but what about the people who actually want to go into the course 😭😰😢
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
As far as I know only a handful of Unis (possibly only one!) offer PA undergrad degree (as a 4 year course), so what were your other choices?

Have you considered doing biomedicine / related courses then apply to do a PA masters? That's what most PA students do anyway.
Sorry for the rambling on my previous post 💕 I’m just very confused and upset right now 💔🌸
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Were you only going to apply to just one course at one Uni (for your UCAS)?
Yeah and Nursing was my back up
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Perhaps do nursing first and when you have earned some money, in your mid 20s reapply to do PA masters / graduate entry medicine?
I was thinking that 💖 but my hearts not in that course fully 🌸 I’m so confused and just don’t know what to do anymore as all my focus and personal statement and everything has been around that course 🤯
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Perhaps do nursing first and when you have earned some money, in your mid 20s reapply to do PA masters / graduate entry medicine?
I’m just so confused as to why all of a sudden they would increase the grades out of the blue 😭 Alevels I would understand but GCSEs I don’t really get 🥀
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
:console:

Sadly, if the entry requirement has changed, there is nothing you can do. Onwards and upwards, :crossedf: that more Unis will offer the PA to undergrad for next year (I don't know if that is likely!) and if not, you will have to come up with a Plan B.
Thankyou so much for your help 💖😘 I guess I’ll just have to hope for the best and come up with another plan 🕊♥️
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thankyou so much for your help 💖😘 I guess I’ll just have to hope for the best and come up with another plan 🕊♥️
No problem at all, :goodluck: and please let us know how you get on!
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was thinking that 💖 but my hearts not in that course fully 🌸 I’m so confused and just don’t know what to do anymore as all my focus and personal statement and everything has been around that course 🤯
ecolier has given you some amazing advice already, I’ll try to add to what they’ve already said. If you were considering nursing as a back up, why not take a year out, use this to gain some experience and take stock of where you are. Having experience will put you in a much stronger position to apply for a course like nursing, and if it’s a path you end up choosing, then in the future you could consider PA, GEM or advanced nursing practice.

If youve any questions about nursing, feel free to ask either here or by PM, I’m an experienced nurse and will do my best to answer any questions you have
Lozc3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m also interested in the course, on the website is only says gcse maths & English grade c/4 or above? Where did you see that you needed an A in gcse maths for the course?
natasha2018
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ive applied and got an interviw and doesnt have 5 a's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads