The Student Room Group

Next Star Wars to be directed by the first Black Woman

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why is this "news"?
Reply 21
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Are you a creationist? You think African Americans have only been around for 1000 years?

pls be joking
Reply 22
Original post by Vinny C
Neanderthals were the first whites… 160,000 yrs or so.

they weren't human, even if we have some of their dna, except for sub Saharan Africans they don't have any
Reply 23
no one cares about a black woman directing the dead star wars film franchise
Lets just hope it's not as bad as that God awful episode 8.
Original post by Jono*
they weren't human, even if we have some of their dna, except for sub Saharan Africans they don't have any

Rofl... Sub Saharan Africans lack one thing, the genome which went on to colonise the world. It may be the cradle of humanity... but certainly not its most adventurous.
Who cares.
Original post by Jono*

and er… Neanderthals were human.
Original post by random_matt
Who cares.

I do!
Reply 29
Original post by Vinny C
Rofl... Sub Saharan Africans lack one thing, the genome which went on to colonise the world. It may be the cradle of humanity... but certainly not its most adventurous.

that's got nothing to do with neanderthals not being human, they are literally a different species. Aboriginal Australians also have neanderthal in them and aren't exactly the greatest of explorers, you're mixing two different topics here
Original post by Napp
Why is this "news"?

Because Liberals have low expectations for certain groups of people.
Reply 31
Original post by Wilfred Little
Because Liberals have low expectations for certain groups of people.

Oh bless their little cotton socks.
Original post by Jono*
that's got nothing to do with neanderthals not being human, they are literally a different species. Aboriginal Australians also have neanderthal in them and aren't exactly the greatest of explorers, you're mixing two different topics here

I am not... and Neanderthals were human. I doubt Australian Abos contain Neanderthal as it is specific to Europe. I am 5% Neanderthal and proud.
Original post by Jono*
seems like an arbitrary thing to be proud of when there is no achievement, and Asians and native Americans/Australians have the most neanderthal dna, sorry to burst your bubble

ps. every population in the world has neanderthal dna except for sub Saharan Africans, dumbass

I beg to differ... Cro Magnon, Denisovian, Flores, and a host of others all originally from Africa but from earlier or later migrations, not Neanderthal.
She's black? Really?

One eighth black at most.
Reply 35
Original post by Vinny C
I beg to differ... Cro Magnon, Denisovian, Flores, and a host of others all originally from Africa but from earlier or later migrations, not Neanderthal.

well you 'beg to differ' with proven fact then

What? The first black woman ever? Won’t she have died like thousands of years ago?
congrats for her.

Hope she can help turn things around.. I was a huge star-wars fan as a kid, watched the movies with my dad all the time.. and kept with the franchise ever since.

7 was ok as a safe start..
rouge one out passed low expectations..
8 was a cluster **** of a disaster
didn't see solo
Don't have any desire to see the next one, unless they radically change the direction.. but I can't imagine where they can go from 8, that would keep me on board.

Their complete misunderstanding of their own fan base will be their downfall - star wars could have been the next marvel, yearly movie fest, easily, but now, not really.
White, straight, male, christian. No chance.
Original post by Jono*
well you 'beg to differ' with proven fact then

I certainly do. Any pre-Neanderthal exodus from Africa would have been free of Neanderthal DNA. Any exodus which went East through Yemen, likewise. Only those which went North might retain traces. Europe!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending