The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so youve got tonsilitis and a dentist appointment all in freshers week? pretty screwed up life for you there
Reply 2
i havent been 4 the dentists in over a year....maybe i should...my teeth hurt
Reply 3
Im back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, didnt hurt at all, except for the initial injection, which is the first time one of the injection has hurt me before!! Im gonna take a picture of my teeth and post them later, theyre filthy!! The one at the back took some proper effort to get out, he had to have a couple of stabs at getting it, so relieved its over now! :biggrin: :biggrin:

And if you havent been to the dentist in over a year, its time to go, Im going every 6 months from now on, the longer you leave decaying teeth the worse they get, eventually youll have to get them removed, which is something you dont want at all, or even worse, youll have to get deep fillings, which arent nice..
what a reminder!! i havent been in over a year too!! eeeek can't c me fitting in an appointment before york now anyways!! plus i dont think my dentist looks at them properly. Narb you deserve a sticker for being brave!!!!
Reply 5
speak4urself
what a reminder!! i havent been in over a year too!! eeeek can't c me fitting in an appointment before york now anyways!! plus i dont think my dentist looks at them properly. Narb you deserve a sticker for being brave!!!!

Ring up and ask, I only rang up 2 weeks ago as I knew I needed a shitload of work done as I hadnt been in 6 years, and wanted to get it sorted before York, they managed to get 9 fillings and 2 extractions done! In just over 9 days, not bad going, although admittadly, I had to pay for it(come to about £500 now)
oMG! your student loan has had a smashing!!! 500 quid!!!!!!!!! ouch that sux. sooo dont wanna go now! i've never had a filling and they sound horrible too. i will leave my teeth be. they don't hurt me.
Reply 7
lol, i had to have braces, and teeth taken out cos i had too many, and they had to give me 6 injections,a nd it dont hurt any where else more than the roof of uir mouth cos the skin is so tight there, it hurt so much!! but then again i didnt notice when she took the tooth out!! i hate injections so much!! i screamed when they tried to give me my bcg!
Alice2411
lol, i had to have braces, and teeth taken out cos i had too many, and they had to give me 6 injections,a nd it dont hurt any where else more than the roof of uir mouth cos the skin is so tight there, it hurt so much!! but then again i didnt notice when she took the tooth out!! i hate injections so much!! i screamed when they tried to give me my bcg!

lol at screaming at ur bcg. i had to have a brace too but only had 1 tooth out. was worth it though as teeth are pretty straight now :biggrin:
Alice2411

I had to have teeth taken out too! hahah My teeth were too big for my little mouth.
Reply 10
Alice2411

Ive never minded the injections, today though I had about 6? My mouth is a state right now I cant feel any of it. The first one he gave me hurt, alot, first time an injection has ever hurt me! Felt like it went right through my mouth, I thought maybe the needle was poking out of my cheek or something! That was the only one that hurt thankfully, after that I had them at the back, and one on the roof of the mouth, which he warned me about, he said 'this one is going to hurt ALOT ok, always a really nasty one right in the roof of the mouth!' which I was absolutely shitting it about after the one that went through my cheek! but it didnt hurt abit..
Reply 11
speak4urself
oMG! your student loan has had a smashing!!! 500 quid!!!!!!!!! ouch that sux. sooo dont wanna go now! i've never had a filling and they sound horrible too. i will leave my teeth be. they don't hurt me.

Dont leave them!! Seriously, go to the dentist, if you leave it until it hurts, its too late, you might have to get them taken out or have big fillings that HURT! Just go and get a checkup and see if you need anything done, if you do you can just get it done whilst in York!

And it only cost £500 because I decided to go private and not face the NHS butchers - the ones which scared me for life last time!
imasillynarb
Dont leave them!! Seriously, go to the dentist, if you leave it until it hurts, its too late, you might have to get them taken out or have big fillings that HURT! Just go and get a checkup and see if you need anything done, if you do you can just get it done whilst in York!

no no no!! ive been to my orthodentist surely he wud notice suumit!! what an ace excuse!!!
Reply 13
speak4urself
no no no!! ive been to my orthodentist surely he wud notice suumit!! what an ace excuse!!!

Im gonna take pictures of my teeth, thatll make sure you go! The pain of an absessed(sp?) tooth with holes in is far worse than a trip to the dentist!
Reply 14
Is the dentist not free at UNI? :eek:
imasillynarb
Im gonna take pictures of my teeth, thatll make sure you go! The pain of an absessed(sp?) tooth with holes in is far worse than a trip to the dentist!

really narb there's no need. i don't wanna c. anyway a picture would only discourage me from going. that's how my little brain works i'm afraid. if u hear sum horrendous story about a girl with rotting teeth in york u know who it is.

btw my teeth really are NOT rotting!!! as yet hehe
i don't like sweets and love to drink milk. they are well looked after nashers.
Reply 16
Nah its never free, you always have to pay even with the NHS(I think, even though its not alot), also, at Uni you stop being entitled to free things that you get during 6th form and stuff(as far as healthcare is concerned, such as prescriptions) for some reason.
Reply 17
speak4urself
really narb there's no need. i don't wanna c. anyway a picture would only discourage me from going. that's how my little brain works i'm afraid. if u hear sum horrendous story about a girl with rotting teeth in york u know who it is.

btw my teeth really are NOT rotting!!! as yet hehe
i don't like sweets and love to drink milk. they are well looked after nashers.

No doubt, but youre missing the point, any small bit of decay will only get bigger no matter how much brushing you do, or milk you drink!
imasillynarb
No doubt, but youre missing the point, any small bit of decay will only get bigger no matter how much brushing you do, or milk you drink!

just so that u feel you have done a good deed for the day and saved sum1s teeth ishall give them a call.... despite having a lack of transport issue today. (another excuse) i go to call...............
speak4urself
just so that u feel you have done a good deed for the day and saved sum1s teeth ishall give them a call.... despite having a lack of transport issue today. (another excuse) i go to call...............

no can do until end of November - GUTTED! o well

Latest

Trending

Trending