HELP! Met dream girl at club, can't contact her Watch

PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay guys, this will be the cringiest thing I ever post on this site. Apologies in advance

Tl;Dr: met dream girl in club, gave her wrong number, can’t get in contact, now I’m losing it, HELP ME please!

Last Saturday, I met this stunning South-east Asian girl (I won’t specify which country) at the club. Not only was she a 10/10 but I got on really with her. Without going into too much detail, she was different from the usual girls you find in a club and I felt a genuine spark between us that I haven’t felt with any other girl for a long time.

Trouble was, she had been dragged out by what looked like her extended family, including her brothers. Apparently, they didn’t like me dancing with her (I was quite drunk and got a bit handsy) and felt ‘threatened’ by me. I only know this because she pulled me aside and told me, I had forgotten her brothers even existed. Furthermore, she was also adamant that she wasn’t the sort of girl who just goes home with anyone.

The above factors resulted in our interaction drawing to an early close. We were both enthusiastic about staying in contact, meeting up and really getting to know each other but I didn’t have my phone on me or anything else on which to write her number so I typed MY number onto her phone. We hugged. We said our goodbyes. All was well until the next morning when I woke up and suddenly realised that I, in my drunkenness, hadn’t typed the number in properly. I felt sick.

Basically, as creepy as this is, I really want to track her down and get in contact with her. At the moment, my only solid chance of seeing her again is to go to the same club this Saturday and hope she’s there and that we spot each other but this is a slim chance as she told me she wasn’t a big fan of clubbing and only came out because her family/friends kept nagging her. A likelier scenario is that I’ll run into some of her relations but I’m not sure how they’d receive me after the unfavourable impression I made, not to mention the possibility that there are racial and cultural factors behind their distrust of me. Furthermore, they live in a neighbouring town which lowers the odds even more.
The only details I have to go on:
• Her name (I’m not sure how it’s spelled)
• Nickname
• Ethnicity
• Country of birth
• Her job (but not her place of work)
• Her father’s pre-retirement job (it was a pretty cool job btw)
• Her general appearance

At the moment, the only conceivable method of tracking her down would be to trawl through Facebook (there’s a page set up for people of her ethnic-origins who live in her hometown) which isn’t very practical or to phone up every place she could’ve possibly worked in that town which is a little more realistic. I’m beginning to consider hiring a private detective but I don’t exactly have a spare £700 lying around at the moment as I just started Uni.

As you can probably tell, I’m getting kind of desperate. I genuinely like this girl and I really don’t want this to turn into one of those depressing “the one that got away” stories you hear older men telling each other over a pint of beer although it’s certainly heading in that direction.

Can anyone give me possible suggestions for tracking her down? I’m open to anything that’s somewhat plausible and I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions. And yes, I realise this is a pretty ridiculous post so feel free to roast me as well.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
It’s a tad creepy ngl😂 that’s cool coming from a girl. All I can say is look on fb I’m guessing you don’t know her last name? So maybe filter by place or job. Otherwise sorry pal might just have to move on
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PhilanderingBum)
Okay guys, this will be the cringiest thing I ever post on this site. Apologies in advance

Tl;Dr: met dream girl in club, gave her wrong number, can’t get in contact, now I’m losing it, HELP ME please!

Last Saturday, I met this stunning South-east Asian girl (I won’t specify which country) at the club. Not only was she a 10/10 but I got on really with her. Without going into too much detail, she was different from the usual girls you find in a club and I felt a genuine spark between us that I haven’t felt with any other girl for a long time.

Trouble was, she had been dragged out by what looked like her extended family, including her brothers. Apparently, they didn’t like me dancing with her (I was quite drunk and got a bit handsy) and felt ‘threatened’ by me. I only know this because she pulled me aside and told me, I had forgotten her brothers even existed. Furthermore, she was also adamant that she wasn’t the sort of girl who just goes home with anyone.

The above factors resulted in our interaction drawing to an early close. We were both enthusiastic about staying in contact, meeting up and really getting to know each other but I didn’t have my phone on me or anything else on which to write her number so I typed MY number onto her phone. We hugged. We said our goodbyes. All was well until the next morning when I woke up and suddenly realised that I, in my drunkenness, hadn’t typed the number in properly. I felt sick.

Basically, as creepy as this is, I really want to track her down and get in contact with her. At the moment, my only solid chance of seeing her again is to go to the same club this Saturday and hope she’s there and that we spot each other but this is a slim chance as she told me she wasn’t a big fan of clubbing and only came out because her family/friends kept nagging her. A likelier scenario is that I’ll run into some of her relations but I’m not sure how they’d receive me after the unfavourable impression I made, not to mention the possibility that there are racial and cultural factors behind their distrust of me. Furthermore, they live in a neighbouring town which lowers the odds even more.
• Nickname
• Ethnicity
• Country of birth
• Her general appearance

At the moment, the only conceivable method of tracking her down would be to trawl through Facebook (there’s a page set up for people of her ethnic-origins who live in her hometown) which isn’t very practical or to phone up every place she could’ve possibly worked in that town which is a little more realistic. I’m beginning to consider hiring a private detective but I don’t exactly have a spare £700 lying around at the moment as I just started Uni.

As you can probably tell, I’m getting kind of desperate. I genuinely like this girl and I really don’t want this to turn into one of those depressing “the one that got away” stories you hear older men telling each other over a pint of beer although it’s certainly heading in that direction.

Can anyone give me possible suggestions for tracking her down? I’m open to anything that’s somewhat plausible and I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions. And yes, I realise this is a pretty ridiculous post so feel free to roast me as well.
Poor girl... Stop obsessing over her. 'Dream girl', my ass.
BUT, if she feels the same way, which I doubt, I'm sure you will see her again this Saturday, in the same club.
PhilanderingBum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Poor girl... Stop obsessing over her. 'Dream girl', my ass.
BUT, if she feels the same way, which I doubt, I'm sure you will see her again this Saturday, in the same club.
I take it my post offended you in some way? :lolwut::teehee:
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I take it my post offended you in some way? :lolwut::teehee:
Naw, I just think you are extremely naive, thinking that you are experiencing some kind of 'love at first sight' ********, when you probably just want to **** her. It's hilarious.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
See I don't understand, she wasn't with a man
How could I leave without a number in my hand
I went to go on Facebook, will I get a face back
Trying to find you is like a needle in a haystack
I came so close, you touched my body
You left me standing like a statue, baby I need youI was missing yesterday
I'm pissed I never took your number
Now you're nowhere to be found
I'm going mad, I need you
I been searchin' all over Facebook,
And I can't seem to find you
I really have to find you, baby I need you
PhilanderingBum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Naw, I just think you are extremely naive, thinking that you are experiencing some kind of 'love at first sight' ********, when you probably just want to **** her. It's hilarious.
oof my feelings

But seriously, I'm as cynical, callous and unfeeling as they come (just look at my other posts). I know the difference between a throbbing c*ck and a beating heart though XD

Oh and btw, just to make myself seem less rapey, she was 6 years older than me and pretty much completely sober...and she approached me first...and she continued talking to me after discovering I was a Fresher... and she paid for another two shots of Vodka even though I told her I'd already had 11.... so yeah....
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oof my feelings

But seriously, I'm as cynical, callous and unfeeling as they come (just look at my other posts). I know the difference between a throbbing c*ck and a beating heart though XD

Oh and btw, just to make myself seem less rapey, she was 6 years older than me and pretty much completely sober...and she approached me first...and she continued talking to me after discovering I was a Fresher... and she paid for another two shots of Vodka even though I told her I'd already had 11.... so yeah....
So she's in her mid twenties and she lets her family boss her around like that? What the hell? She has issues, forget it. Lol.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

• Nickname
• Ethnicity
• Country of birth
• Her general appearance

try all possible combinations of spelling for her name.

if her name is an unusual name, type it into facebook ...followed by the town or city she lives in ....and you may just get a hit
username2569523
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just find a new girl just as hot. No biggie
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is low key hilarious.

Any girl that goes clubbing with her extended family is not worth the bother.

I also bet she's Vietnamese.
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Didn't read
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
Any girl that goes clubbing with her extended family is not worth the bother.

I also bet she's Vietnamese.

I notice south asian girls do this sometimes

really offputting tbh to try and approach a girl surrounded by all her brothers and aunties ...etc

no wonder the girl mentioned in the OP went and approached him, ...she probably doesn't get approached much when she's out......
EmLo12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As a girl, I find this adorable! What girl wouldn't absolutely love for a guy to be this into her? (unless yea she didn't feel the same way) however it seems unlikely she would have wanted to stay in contact with you if she didn't like you at least as a friend. Try to find her, otherwise you're right you may regret it, however if you never do just remind yourself that the likelihood it would have worked it very slim. Does the club have a guest list? I doubt they'd give you access but maybe talk to someone and tell them their name and ask the club to contact her on behalf of you? Not sure if that will be allowed or will work but it's maybe worth a try?
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EmLo12)
Does the club have a guest list? I doubt they'd give you access but maybe talk to someone and tell them their name and ask the club to contact her on behalf of you? Not sure if that will be allowed or will work but it's maybe worth a try?

The club owners will just outright refuse him on principle if he asks

He'd probably have have to privately approach a member of staff who has access to the guest list discreetly and slip him a £50 and assure him that you will not mention it to anyone.
tashkent46
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
See I don't understand, she wasn't with a man
How could I leave without a number in my hand
I went to go on Facebook, will I get a face back
Trying to find you is like a needle in a haystack
I came so close, you touched my body
You left me standing like a statue, baby I need youI was missing yesterday
I'm pissed I never took your number
Now you're nowhere to be found
I'm going mad, I need you
I been searchin' all over Facebook,
And I can't seem to find you
I really have to find you, baby I need you
OP leave this on Facebook and if she sees it it was meant to be
chakraman
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Kill joy... :laugh:
So Fetch
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would be very flattered if a guy put in this much effort for me and I’d like him even more. So ignore the people saying you sound needy. I guess Facebook is your only hope now.
AnharM
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by So Fetch)
I would be very flattered if a guy put in this much effort for me and I’d like him even more. So ignore the people saying you sound needy. I guess Facebook is your only hope now.
Because you don't receive a lot of attention from guys.

Most, if not all, hot girls would find this hella creepy.
So Fetch
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AnharM)
Because you don't receive a lot of attention from guys.

Most, if not all, hot girls would find this hella creepy.
Lol I can tell you with assurance that I’m quite hot and if I don’t get attention I don’t know who does.

Eveeyone likes it if someone puts and extra effort to find them, there’s nothing creepy in that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads