The Student Room Group

Interview mixup!

Hey,
I applied for a job at a big company and received a call about an interview.. she said Monday, but was confused on the date and said she needed to check what the date was, but monday.. then said.. monday the.... 21st. We agreed and hung up, i wrote it down and went on with my life...
now its getting closer to the day and I only just realised that monday is not the 21st; monday would be the 24th. She sounded sure about the day of the week and less-so about the date.. so im tempted to just go on monday. However, I dont want to make a mistake and they say no it was for friday, but at the same time i feel its too late to call as ive had all this time already and its a huge company; if i call i will have to try and get to that one person and feel like i'd just be a pain

Probably making a big deal about nothing and just overthinking, but can anyone advise me?
Shall I just go on monday?
Call her again and confirm it, they aren't gonna base if you land the job or not on a silly phone call, it all comes down to the Interview. So Call them back and confirm. Just be like "I just wanted to confirm the interview was for this-this date?"
I would go tomorrow. I think people work more by dates than days.

Hang on? Surely a big company would send an email confirmation?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by stdny

Which looks dippier - ringing up and saying sorry, just realised day and date don't match, which one is it, or turning up on the wrong day for an interview?
Reply 4
thanks for the responses, since it would probably have to go through a lot of people to find her, would it be a good idea to email them instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending