The Student Room Group

uncertainty about uni course

I initially wanted to do History at university, but I got a D in it in my AS level, I'm thinking of changing course to business management, is that a good idea or should I keep history and possibly change uni through adjustment
Original post by dodgymoney
I initially wanted to do History at university, but I got a D in it in my AS level, I'm thinking of changing course to business management, is that a good idea or should I keep history and possibly change uni through adjustment

Adjustment is if you do better than expected? I wouldnt use it as a major part of your future strategy and clearing is more likely.

Review your history performance, talk to the teacher and find out why you got a D and whether you think you have the interest and desire to improve. its either not enough detail or just your essays were poor. Nothing that practice cant sort out. To be doing it for a degree though you need to be getting an A. Its something you should have been working on over the summer.

You can change but will you do any better plus will you be attempting to do AS and A2 in a year?

If I was still interested in history I would either resit AS and A2 at the same time or do one or the other in the next session and the other in the session after. You should know whether you have the ability an determination to get to an A. If you dont then do something else.
Original post by dodgymoney

I have a friend who got a U in AS maths, even only got an E in A2, and just got onto an engineering course via a foundation year. if you really wanna do history just get your head down and work hard and you'll get there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending