Biology, Chemistry and Physics at A level?

Watch
Icykitten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just wondering if there is anyone else as crazy as me who is doing/has done all three sciences at a level...?
britishvip
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
most people are crazy enough to do maths as well, you will struggle in physics massively without it
Sheperd23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by britishvip)
most people are crazy enough to do maths as well, you will struggle in physics massively without it
ikr. besides, its hard to choose all three to do at uni, so i'd suggest, unless you are really good at the sciences, you do two sciences instead. idk?
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
ikr. besides, its hard to choose all three to do at uni, so i'd suggest, unless you are really good at the sciences, you do two sciences instead. idk?
I’m not doing all three at uni, I’ll just do biology. Just three for a level.
Miss_mischy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you already know you want to study biology at university, I would drop Physics.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
So far I haven’t been finding physics too bad. A little difficult but really interesting as well.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miss_mischy)
If you already know you want to study biology at university, I would drop Physics.
But I need three a levels. And since I want to go into medicine, medical physics could be another option for me and it’s part of the a level physics course.
Miss_mischy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
But I need three a levels. And since I want to go into medicine, medical physics could be another option for me and it’s part of the a level physics course.
Of course you need three A levels. Biology is not the same as medicine so be sure you know what you want to study. BTW, I didn't say to not pickanother A level.

Look at universities that offer medicine, look at their requirements but most importantly, their curriculum. You should be able to see whether medical physics is actually part of medicine the way you think it is.

I'll let other meds students take over from here.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
I appreciate all of you trying to give advice but I didn’t come here to be told to drop physics because I’m not doing that. I just came here wondering if anyone did the same a levels as me.
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So far I haven’t been finding physics too bad. A little difficult but really interesting as well.
Dont you have to do core maths? since in our college, since math is so important for physics you have to do extra lessons. It's going to be really hard. mainly in 2nd year without that math knowledge and experience. You have to learn radians and other math related stuff.
username4264700
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
im doing bio chemistry maths and further maths
ThatGuy107
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did Bio Chem Physics and Maths at AS Level. I can assure you physics gets much much more difficult as your progress, and without maths I wouldn’t have done as well. I dropped it after AS.
Crow_M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing the 3 sciences, Maths, Spanish and Portuguese :P
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibyghee)
Dont you have to do core maths? since in our college, since math is so important for physics you have to do extra lessons. It's going to be really hard. mainly in 2nd year without that math knowledge and experience. You have to learn radians and other math related stuff.
No, I just had to get grade 6 (B) or above at GCSE maths to do it and I got a 7 (A)
There are quite a few people in my class who are doing physics but not maths so I’m not the only one
Crow_M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing the 3 sciences, Maths and 2 languages (Portuguese and Spanish). I have the textbooks for my subjects at AS, ask away.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crow_M)
I'm doing the 3 sciences, Maths, Spanish and Portuguese :P
Wow, good luck with it
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, I just had to get grade 6 (B) or above at GCSE maths to do it and I got a 7 (A)
There are quite a few people in my class who are doing physics but not maths so I’m not the only one
Ye same here(alot dont do maths with physics), But if you're college doesnt give you extra lessons. Its gunna be tough. You will have to try very hard, but eh. I dont really see the point of doing 3 sciences. But whatever suits you. Hope you do well
Crow_M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow, good luck with it
Thanks mate, I made a GYG, if you want to look at it search for:

Crow's A Level Journey
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibyghee)
Ye same here, But if you're college doesnt give you extra lessons. Its gunna be tough. You will have to try very hard, but eh. I dont really see the point of doing 3 sciences. But whatever suits you. Hope you do well
I’m not in collage, I’m in sixth form. I chose to do three sciences because I love science and I just felt that physics would be easier than maths (I know some will disagree but that’s my opinion) And thank you, I will try my best
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m not in collage, I’m in sixth form. I chose to do three sciences because I love science and I just felt that physics would be easier than maths (I know some will disagree but that’s my opinion) And thank you, I will try my best
Yes ofc sixth form, i dont think college even does physics. I just call sixth form college for some reason lul. I picked maths physics and history. Why i picked history...i have no idea...got an 8 in maths and the 1st year was a fly by. But history was boring af. Was about to drop it for further maths and fast track it. Meaning do a 2 year course in 1. However, my college just changed specs and so couldn't do the fast track. And that was lucky for me. I got a new history teacher and i remembered why i picked history in the 1st place. I just needed that spark. What grades are you lookign for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (178)
55.97%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.69%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (30)
9.43%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.4%

Watched Threads