The Student Room Group

How to have confidence in your possibilities

Im doing alevels and i started 3 weeks ago in year 12 also in a school with HIGH STANDARDS and i mean high but i don't get the grades that are needed to stay in the course. Before u say then u should leave i don't want to leave and next week is the final decision of wether I'll stay in the course any advice would be really helpful thanks in advance
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm not sure what you mean by grades. You say you started 3 weeks ago meaning you are in AS or Year 1? If so, what grades have you not made?
Reply 2
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I'm not sure what you mean by grades. You say you started 3 weeks ago meaning you are in AS or Year 1? If so, what grades have you not made?

Im in year 12 as levels doing psychology Sociology and law
Original post by kate426
Im in year 12 as levels doing psychology Sociology and law

So what grades are you worried about making? Surely you aren't going to have a formal test 2 weeks into sixth form?
Reply 4
So what grades are you worried about making? Surely you aren't going to have a formal test 2 weeks into sixth form?

At least a B grade in every subject i have had at least 2 test in the three weeks here already
Original post by kate426
At least a B grade in every subject i have had at least 2 test in the three weeks here already

They won't remove you from the course for not performing well in the first few tests. Just keep working hard and don't let it get to you because everyone has bad exams and you just learn from the mistake you make.
A-Levels are difficult and so require more time and dedication than GCSEs. You need to adjust your study methods if you want to get top grades here.
Reply 7
They won't remove you from the course for not performing well in the first few tests. Just keep working hard and don't let it get to you because everyone has bad exams and you just learn from the mistake you make.

Yes they said they would as it is not suitable for you or anyone in the class
Reply 8

I also got an e grade
Original post by kate426
Yes they said they would as it is not suitable for you or anyone in the class

Original post by kate426
I also got an e grade

I'm not sure why they would say that because I have never heard of a kid being removed in the first few weeks. I think they might be trying to use scare tactics so kids work hard for tests. Also, until they say anything to you, just work hard for tests. Obviously an e grades isn't what you want but it can deffo be improved by hard work.

Quick Reply

Latest