Liverpool (A101) 2019 entry Watch

xloichan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wish the medical students spoke to us before, they kinda just sat there and giggled to each other and with the long wait times it was a bit off putting tbh.
aiezsedai
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Stanimirr)Hi everyone,

I hope those of you who have applied have been successful!

I'm not applying until October but wanted to ask how people feel about the fact that you start with a two-week summer school and then go straight into second year of the 5-year programme? My friends who are medics (at other unis) keep telling me that's fine as in first year they cover a lot of the stuff we will have already done in a biomed (or similar) degree but I just wanted to see what y'all thought.

Cheers

I was wondering the same. I went to the open day in Cambridge today and the first two years there are completely tailored towards getting graduates through the first three years of the standard course. They are kept separate and sit all the same exams that everyone sits on the standards course but for 2 years. How does that even work in Liverpool? It kind of looks not like a graduate entry programme but like a year two entry programme with a summer school?!
aiezsedai
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone any thoughts on the summer school and then streamlining direct into second year? Is that normal? I haven’t heard of any other schools doing this. Does this mean we don’t sit any of the exams which first year students sit? I am pretty sure at Cambridge they sit ALL the exams (first and second and third year standard course) in the first two years. How does that work in Liverpool?
Stanimirr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aiezsedai)
(Original post by Stanimirr)Hi everyone,

I hope those of you who have applied have been successful!

I'm not applying until October but wanted to ask how people feel about the fact that you start with a two-week summer school and then go straight into second year of the 5-year programme? My friends who are medics (at other unis) keep telling me that's fine as in first year they cover a lot of the stuff we will have already done in a biomed (or similar) degree but I just wanted to see what y'all thought.

Cheers

I was wondering the same. I went to the open day in Cambridge today and the first two years there are completely tailored towards getting graduates through the first three years of the standard course. They are kept separate and sit all the same exams that everyone sits on the standards course but for 2 years. How does that even work in Liverpool? It kind of looks not like a graduate entry programme but like a year two entry programme with a summer school?!

Exactly what my thoughts are! In most places, you merge after 18 months/two years in which the graduates complete what would be the first three years of a 5-year course but completely separately.
(Original post by aiezsedai)
Anyone any thoughts on the summer school and then streamlining direct into second year? Is that normal? I haven’t heard of any other schools doing this. Does this mean we don’t sit any of the exams which first year students sit? I am pretty sure at Cambridge they sit ALL the exams (first and second and third year standard course) in the first two years. How does that work in Liverpool?
From their website, it looks like you only sit the exams that undergrads sit at the end of second year.
TSNM
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if there will be a calculation station for the liverpool MMI?

Thanks in advance.
Antibiotics
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by TSNM)
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if there will be a calculation station for the liverpool MMI?

Thanks in advance.
I thought they tell you that there is?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Antibiotics
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
From the additional info section, ‘Possible MMI stations might assess your personal statement/values and attitudes, team working, ethics, healthcare awareness and insight, learning from caring contribution or work experience, and numeracy in practice’
TSNM
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Antibiotics)
From the additional info section, ‘Possible MMI stations might assess your personal statement/values and attitudes, team working, ethics, healthcare awareness and insight, learning from caring contribution or work experience, and numeracy in practice’
In the additional info section I have been sent for this years cycle, that particular sentence ends with work experience. There is no mention of numeracy in practice. Hence my question.
Antibiotics
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by TSNM)
In the additional info section I have been sent for this years cycle, that particular sentence ends with work experience. There is no mention of numeracy in practice. Hence my question.
Perhaps they’ve done away with it then, but I’m unsure what they’d replace it with. Either way, if the university haven’t told you then there’s not really any reasonable way of finding out, current applicants can’t divulge info after having the interview.
ellesand
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Talkeale)
Can someone tell me what to do if you don’t have your GCSE certificates for the interview? Did they check everyone’s?
Yes, they do check everyones! They said at the end, because some people didn't have them, to contact the university of provide them within 1 week of the interview. I think if you email them, they will advise you better! You can get new ones? Although I think they are quite expensive:confused:
aels101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Does anyone know how many GEM places Liverpool has this year?
aiezsedai
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Why do they need 4 copies of our personal statements? I forgot to print out mine and my interview is tomorrow morning. And I am still on a train to Liverpool lol

(Original post by ellesand)
Yes, they do check everyones! They said at the end, because some people didn't have them, to contact the university of provide them within 1 week of the interview. I think if you email them, they will advise you better! You can get new ones? Although I think they are quite expensive:confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (52)
9.32%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.69%
No, but I want to start (201)
36.02%
No, I am unable to (129)
23.12%
No, I chose not to (161)
28.85%