The Student Room Group

Year 13 relationship advice

Okay, so beginning of Year 13 it is right now. I really like this girl and I think if I wanted to we could get together. But the problem is she lives 2 hours away and I'm just wondering is it possible to handle a long distance relationship like that and be able to get A*AA grades? My subjects are Maths, Further Maths and Economics btw. I do really like her, but I'm scared it might affect my grades.
Original post by psycholeo
Okay, so beginning of Year 13 it is right now. I really like this girl and I think if I wanted to we could get together. But the problem is she lives 2 hours away and I'm just wondering is it possible to handle a long distance relationship like that and be able to get A*AA grades? My subjects are Maths, Further Maths and Economics btw. I do really like her, but I'm scared it might affect my grades.

LDRs take an enormous amount of effort. One thing I could suggest if you did go for it is to video call each other just in the background. So you're still revising and studying but just having your phone so you can see each other. That's like you're just in the same room like a normal couple doing your own thing. I do that regularly with my boyfriend and it really helps with the distance whilst also allowing me to do assignments etc.

Does this really belong in a Maths forum??
Try Relationships.
I'm finding it very difficult to solve this equation
Reply 4

Long distance relationships are always a red flag. Ngl, I wouldn't risk that. (in my opinion, even having a relationship during a level is very distracting) let alone a relationship thats long distance. You risk loosing the relationship and your a levels.
Reply 5
Just think about whether she's worth it or not.

When i was in year 13 i also lived aprox 2 hours from my gf (we saw each other daily in sixth form) but i ended it because the distance was too much and in my mind it wasn't worth trying.

So you really have to think about whether or not she's worth the effort. As for the alevels, you can get the results you want with or without her aslong as you're dedicated
Reply 6
tip : forget about relationships its a waste of time and effort anyways we be getting Japanese sex dolls in a few years :smile:
I had a long distance relationship throughout year 13 and it took dedication to make it work. We lived 2 hours away like you two but we just FaceTimed whenever possible, even just in the background, and saw each other as much as possible (usually either once a week or once every two weeks). It worked for us and I ended up with my predicted grades so 🤷🏻*♀️ I do sometimes wonder how much better I would’ve done if my full attention had been on my work but it meant that my final school year was much happier and less stressful so it was definitely worth it.
Reply 8
Original post by DrawTheLine
LDRs take an enormous amount of effort. One thing I could suggest if you did go for it is to video call each other just in the background. So you're still revising and studying but just having your phone so you can see each other. That's like you're just in the same room like a normal couple doing your own thing. I do that regularly with my boyfriend and it really helps with the distance whilst also allowing me to do assignments etc.

That’s cute.
Yeah boi learn how to drive then skrrt up there and demolish her punani, wrap before you tap

Quick Reply

Latest