The Student Room Group

Art A level

Is art a level worth it? im considering switching from further maths to art because I love art. Im doing bio maths chemistry and further maths cos I want to do medicine but I dont need further maths. is switching a bad idea?
Reply 1
What art course do u wanna take???
ideally I wanted to do photography but my school doesn't offer it so im gonna try and slip in some photography into fine art
Ultimately you generally get 3 a levels anyway and if you want medicine I’d recommend doing the academic subjects for top universities.
hi!! i did bio, chem, maths and art but I dropped art after AS :smile: if you love it then go for it but be warned it's a lot of work (just like gcse art is) but i enjoyed having it as a break from my other subjects! doing dentistry now so if you're not enjoying FM and it's not essential for uni then and you're up for doing art coursework every weekend then go for it!!!
thats really interesting, do you think that keeping all 4 a levels is too much work?

Original post by PurpleSquid
hi!! i did bio, chem, maths and art but I dropped art after AS :smile: if you love it then go for it but be warned it's a lot of work (just like gcse art is) but i enjoyed having it as a break from my other subjects! doing dentistry now so if you're not enjoying FM and it's not essential for uni then and you're up for doing art coursework every weekend then go for it!!!
because universities only look at 3 a levels I thought that if I did something that I enjoyed as a fourth it would be okay, but I guess you're right, that is sort of the reason why I haven't switched yet

Original post by Luke_weaving
Ultimately you generally get 3 a levels anyway and if you want medicine I’d recommend doing the academic subjects for top universities.
Original post by billie24601
because universities only look at 3 a levels I thought that if I did something that I enjoyed as a fourth it would be okay, but I guess you're right, that is sort of the reason why I haven't switched yet

Oh it’s fine if you want to take art for the first year of a levels because it’s fun but for the second I would focus on the academic rubbish.
Original post by billie24601
thats really interesting, do you think that keeping all 4 a levels is too much work?

For me, yes. I was more than happy to drop it at AS and it helped to give me more time to focus on my core subjects and meet my offers for uni.

Quick Reply

Latest