Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
aklMAXM
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sonaila123)
hey, just wanted to know if i would be offered a place in Cardiff University foro medicine as i got one A* in maths, three A's in all my sciences, six B's and a C in my GCSE's. I didn't do really good on my AS exams as i had a B in biology, C in chemistry and a D in maths, although i had really high B's and C's i am still going to resit both units of chemistry and 1 unit of biology because i need to push my grades to all A's next year. also, i dropped maths because i found out that a lot of unis accept welsh bacc as an A-level.
But i am applying for uni's now and i dont know if i would be offered a place because my teachers won't give me target grades of A's. They are giving me target grades of all B's but i know i can exceed them and get higher grades.
If you arent getting predicted AAA, then the odds are against you getting an offer and you are better imo to wait until you get the real grades AAA and take a gap then apply for 2020. You must get AAA and then you need to id those schools that will accept welsh bacc for the third. Not everyone will.
sonaila123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i know Catrdiff does accept welsh bacc as third A-level and some others unis like bristol and Manchester but if my teachers do predicts me AAA then is there a possibility i can be offered a place.
miahinespham09
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cardiff like lots of A*s As for GCSEs so I think you'd be best applying elsewhere
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest