The Student Room Group

Waitrose jobs.

So I have an upcoming interview at Waitrose for a Delivery Driver, Customer Assistant and I was more than aware what I was applying for, but I thought that they're two separate jobs, but in my confirmation e-mail it says I must bring my driving licence, since I only want the Supermarket Assistant job, I thought the e-mail would've said something like if you're going for the Delivery Driver job, please bring your license, is the job application literally a vacancy for one person to do 2 separate jobs, or are they 2 different vacancies.

Also I had a reply from waitrose about booking an interview for another waitrose, which was literally just a customer assistant exactly a week ago, just honestly didn't see it, now when I click Schedule it tells me that there are no current time slots for interviews available, but to check back, I feel like I may have left it too late, should I maybe call up and explain that it has just fallen down my e-mail list, I have applied for alot of jobs so I was getting lots of replies which is the truth.
Original post by cbaforcba
So I have an upcoming interview at Waitrose for a Delivery Driver, Customer Assistant and I was more than aware what I was applying for, but I thought that they're two separate jobs, but in my confirmation e-mail it says I must bring my driving licence, since I only want the Supermarket Assistant job, I thought the e-mail would've said something like if you're going for the Delivery Driver job, please bring your license, is the job application literally a vacancy for one person to do 2 separate jobs, or are they 2 different vacancies.

Also I had a reply from waitrose about booking an interview for another waitrose, which was literally just a customer assistant exactly a week ago, just honestly didn't see it, now when I click Schedule it tells me that there are no current time slots for interviews available, but to check back, I feel like I may have left it too late, should I maybe call up and explain that it has just fallen down my e-mail list, I have applied for alot of jobs so I was getting lots of replies which is the truth.

phone them and ask. It will get you an answer - and it shows that your responsible/mature enough to take an issue and solve it directly.

Companies will put out a single advert when they are recruiting for several posts that are exactly the same, but they don't use a single advert for different jobs. What they want is a person that can do driving and customer service.

That, I'm afraid is your admin failing. if they have an online slot booking system, then you've missed it and there is probably nothing they can do about it. You need to track your applications better.
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
Companies will put out a single advert when they are recruiting for several posts that are exactly the same, but they don't use a single advert for different jobs. What they want is a person that can do driving and customer service.

That, I'm afraid is your admin failing. if they have an online slot booking system, then you've missed it and there is probably nothing they can do about it. You need to track your applications better.

Yeah, that's fair enough, luckily I can do both drive and deliver good customer service (Well I think so anyways :biggrin:) I will just go and see what they say, I don't know if its worth me mentioning I only really wanted the assistant part also I have seen people say they've called up before, but they've claimed to have clicked on it asap and no time slots have came up, my mistake yes, but I maybe they could've sent another e-mail and if they did, then 100% my fault haha

Quick Reply

Latest