The Student Room Group

University Study help

Hello there, my name is Yukarra the course that i will be doing is pharmaceutical science with cosmetic (PCS) and i'm hoping i can get some advice on revising during university and what you think of my idea below, whether you think it will work and if so any changes you would make.

So my overall idea is this, during the lectures i write down key words/ideas and note what they mean, while listening to what the lecturer talks about to help with the understanding of the subject/topic.

Have a Dictaphone recording the lecture so i'm able to replay the lecture while doing mundane tasks/ lounging around at home.

lastly create questions for myself based on the recorded lectures and key words while also dotting down things i don't understand during or after the lectures so ill be able to ask that said person.

PS: if anyone can think of anything i may be able to do during gaps between lectures or has a better idea please do say, any input or thoughts on all of this is much appreciated.

Also would this idea work for pharmacy if i were to transfer after the first year of this course.
Many thanks, Yukarra.
Reply 1
Hi, I think you are on the right track. In lectures I would concentrate on listening and understanding, taking short and relevant notes. Highlight key points. Afterwards, I find the best technique for me is, to sum up the lecture in my own words, highlighting any new vocabulary so you get used to it using it.
Anything I don't understand I read around and make sure it's understood.
I also try and read around forthcoming lecture material prior to attending the lecture.
Hope this helps....

Quick Reply

Latest