Turn on thread page Beta

I feel alone and its depressing watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont even know how to start this but i need to get this off my chest cause it hurts so much. I commute to university everyday and i feel incredibly lonely at school. I go to class, dont talk to the people beside me unless the professor makes us

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people feel this way when they start uni. Have you joined any clubs/societies that might interest you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeageOfLogang)
    I dont even know how to start this but i need to get this off my chest cause it hurts so much. I commute to university everyday and i feel incredibly lonely at school. I go to class, dont talk to the people beside me unless the professor makes us
    i felt this way when i was in school it was like i wasn't there at all until year 11 everyone wanted to know me i was like why do you wanna know me now and not when i was in year 9 doesn't make sense they couldn't even answer my question

ReputationRep:

Update: it was bothering me so much i stepped out of my comfort zone and introduced myself to the person beside me lmao. Its a learning curve but once you get past the introduction its not bad. Now i have to figure out how to keep the "friendship" outside of class. Any tips would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Update: it was bothering me so much i stepped out of my comfort zone and introduced myself to the person beside me lmao. Its a learning curve but once you get past the introduction its not bad. Now i have to figure out how to keep the "friendship" outside of class. Any tips would be appreciated
    Hey. I can sympathise with your loneliness. All my friends went off to uni and I don’t really speak to anyone. Started a new job but don’t speak to that many people. Introducing yourself is a great start. Just keep up small talk, get to know each other a little. Things will follow naturally from there and if you become friends you’ll speak and see each other outside class
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.