The Student Room Group

P**** leaking fluid

So for the last few months, I've noticed my penis keeps leaking this clear sticky fluid. Upon further research, I've discovered it's most likely Cowper's fluid/Pre ***.

It's got to the stage where it's frustrating me soooo much. Literally it leaks several times a day. I genuinely don't know what to do. I've been to see my GP and he said it's fine and your body naturally secretes excess fluid. He's even given me a cream to apply but that didn't help. I've never had such a problem before in my life ever. I'm still a virgin (And want to stay that way). And no, masturbating is not a solution for me so please don't suggest it.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

wear a panty liner? and cowper's fluid is for men I think.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
wear a panty liner? and cowper's fluid is for men I think.

I am a man. LOOOL.

I see what you mean by wearing extra layers but I'm hoping for a more permanent fix. How do I stop my body producing this stuff. It's never happened before.

I read somewhere that you can increase your testosterone which somehow counteracts the hormone which triggers your glands to make the fluid (I'm paraphrasing here. It went something along the lines of this) but apparently as soon as you stop taking the tablets, the problem may come back.
Reply 3
So for the last few months, I've noticed my penis keeps leaking this clear sticky fluid. Upon further research, I've discovered it's most likely Cowper's fluid/Pre ***.

It's got to the stage where it's frustrating me soooo much. Literally it leaks several times a day. I genuinely don't know what to do. I've been to see my GP and he said it's fine and your body naturally secretes excess fluid. He's even given me a cream to apply but that didn't help. I've never had such a problem before in my life ever. I'm still a virgin (And want to stay that way). And no, masturbating is not a solution for me so please don't suggest it.

Hiya I've edited your thread a tiny bit just so it's clear you are male. Penis is fine to say here. :smile:
Unfortunately the only advice I would be able to give is using something to absorb it or going back to GP. I hope you can find a better solution.
I don't really know how to solve your problem😂 Sorry I'm not a doctor, but have you tried to search the web for people who have the same problem as you? Maybe you can go back and see your GP? But how bad is it from 1 to 10 10 being the worst....
Not trying to scare.. But have you checked for prostate cancer?
Reply 6
I am a man. LOOOL.

I see what you mean by wearing extra layers but I'm hoping for a more permanent fix. How do I stop my body producing this stuff. It's never happened before.

I read somewhere that you can increase your testosterone which somehow counteracts the hormone which triggers your glands to make the fluid (I'm paraphrasing here. It went something along the lines of this) but apparently as soon as you stop taking the tablets, the problem may come back.

Actually increasing your testosterone is hard. Fenugreek is probably your best bet if you're on about tablets. Anything else doesn't actually increase your testosterone. But actual hard core testosterone increase that isn't made from other hormones won't ever be done in the form of a tablet. It's done in gels, patches and injections. And I don't know if a GP would prescribe testosterone for something like this, but I suppose it's worth a try to ask.
Reply 7
Original post by Kindred
Hiya I've edited your thread a tiny bit just so it's clear you are male. Penis is fine to say here. :smile:
Unfortunately the only advice I would be able to give is using something to absorb it or going back to GP. I hope you can find a better solution.

Ahh no worries. Thank you anyway
Reply 8
Original post by London090
I don't really know how to solve your problem😂 Sorry I'm not a doctor, but have you tried to search the web for people who have the same problem as you? Maybe you can go back and see your GP? But how bad is it from 1 to 10 10 being the worst....

Hey, That's ok.

I've looked online but I never seem to find a solution. People just talk about wearing extra layers/time eventually stopping it/or people going off topic.

To be honest I feel like its on the high end of the number scale. It used to happen every other day or so but now it is several times a day, everyday. Easily an 8. Maybe 9.

I was toying with the idea of going back to my GP but he's already said it's fine and nothing is wrong so I'm not sure what else he can do.
Reply 9

Umm, No. I only thought older men were prone to it, not youngsters in their twenties.
Hey, That's ok.

I've looked online but I never seem to find a solution. People just talk about wearing extra layers/time eventually stopping it/or people going off topic.

To be honest I feel like its on the high end of the number scale. It used to happen every other day or so but now it is several times a day, everyday. Easily an 8. Maybe 9.

I was toying with the idea of going back to my GP but he's already said it's fine and nothing is wrong so I'm not sure what else he can do.

I think that you should go see your GP just to make sure you're not having an infection, better to be safe than sorry :smile: I'm guessing that the leakage makes you uncomfortable? So like a poster above said maybe wear extra layers just to absorb it.
Umm, No. I only thought older men were prone to it, not youngsters in their twenties.

It's more common in older men but there's nothing stopping a young man having it. As long as you have a prostate you could potentially get cancer there too.

It's best to go back to your doctor and ask for another solution.
Original post by Plus7
Actually increasing your testosterone is hard. Fenugreek is probably your best bet if you're on about tablets. Anything else doesn't actually increase your testosterone. But actual hard core testosterone increase that isn't made from other hormones won't ever be done in the form of a tablet. It's done in gels, patches and injections. And I don't know if a GP would prescribe testosterone for something like this, but I suppose it's worth a try to ask.

Oh. I will look into Fenugreek. Thanks for the suggestion. I probably would agree with you about whether the GP would prescribe something like that. He's already told me nothing is wrong. But yeah it's worth an ask. It is extremely frustrating to live with right now.
Reply 13
Oh. I will look into Fenugreek. Thanks for the suggestion. I probably would agree with you about whether the GP would prescribe something like that. He's already told me nothing is wrong. But yeah it's worth an ask. It is extremely frustrating to live with right now.

Try and book an appointment with a different doctor :smile:. GPs CAN and do prescribe things for unorthodox reasons. Like pregnancy pills to stop periods or testosterone for female to male transgender patients. Neither of these are licensed so the GP is going out of regulations there. Worth an ask and do some research first. Tell them what they've suggested isn't working and see what they say about T helping or not helping. Btw good on you for seeing your GP about this, you shouldn't have to put up with it and don't stop trying for a solution. Good luck man.
Reply 14
It is best that you visit a doctor...

Oh my god, that's a ridiculous suggestion. Are you being serious?

OP, welcome to the world of being a teenage boy. It's normal for the penis to leak clear fluid, and it is almost certainly pre-ejaculate. Okay, so if you're really worried go and see a doctor - but I promise that's all they're going to say. They probably won't even enter into a discussion about further investigation.

I can't believe so many people in this thread are coming up with sinister reasons for this.
Original post by London090
I think that you should go see your GP just to make sure you're not having an infection, better to be safe than sorry :smile: I'm guessing that the leakage makes you uncomfortable? So like a poster above said maybe wear extra layers just to absorb it.

Thing is the GP said everything was fine with me last time. The cream he prescribed me has hydrocortisone in it. I read the leaflet and did some research on it and other than treating skin conditions such as ezcema, rashes, etc. It is also apparently used to treat infections. However, he did not tell me I had an infection.
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's more common in older men but there's nothing stopping a young man having it. As long as you have a prostate you could potentially get cancer there too.

It's best to go back to your doctor and ask for another solution.

Thank you for pointing this out. I will definitely get this checked out
Original post by Plus7
Try and book an appointment with a different doctor :smile:. GPs CAN and do prescribe things for unorthodox reasons. Like pregnancy pills to stop periods or testosterone for female to male transgender patients. Neither of these are licensed so the GP is going out of regulations there. Worth an ask and do some research first. Tell them what they've suggested isn't working and see what they say about T helping or not helping. Btw good on you for seeing your GP about this, you shouldn't have to put up with it and don't stop trying for a solution. Good luck man.

I will definitely try that. Thanks for the help. It's just too frustrating to live with right now. Especially when I've never ever had such issues before. I'm not going to stop finding a solution but it feels frustrating and hopeless at times because it feels I've read most of the things online about this and I'm just retreading over old stuff. It's probably the reason why I asked on here.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Oh my god, that's a ridiculous suggestion. Are you being serious?

OP, welcome to the world of being a teenage boy. It's normal for the penis to leak clear fluid, and it is almost certainly pre-ejaculate. Okay, so if you're really worried go and see a doctor - but I promise that's all they're going to say. They probably won't even enter into a discussion about further investigation.

I can't believe so many people in this thread are coming up with sinister reasons for this.

Thing is, I'm no longer a teenage boy. I'm in my early twenties. I'm well past puberty. Even when I was a teenager I never had such issues as these. I agree with you about the GP thing because that is exactly what he did. But it is incredibly frustrating for me because I've never had such issues before and why is it happening to me now especially at my age when I've already been through puberty and I am already a man.

Quick Reply