The Student Room Group

Left iPhone on train - what can I do next?

I was on the train to school this morning and left my phone on it. I asked my school to contact ScotRail and I went to the station during my lunch break to check, but it hasn't been handed in and it is nearly 6 hours since I last left it.

What can I really do next?
Reply 1
Is there a way you can track it down? I know android has some kind of service where you can track the phone via GPS. Try calling the number.
my iphone has find my iphone feature turned on does urs have that too
It doesn't have any battery left.
Reply 4
Nah, it's gone...
Phone the train company again later, as it might not have been found yet depending on where it was left and if it fell under a seat etc.

There are two possibilities if it doesn't get handed in. Either someone will take it home and charge it to find out who's it is and try and track you down, or they will keep it. It's a matter of luck really which one happens.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Phone the train company again later, as it might not have been found yet depending on where it was left and if it fell under a seat etc.

There are two possibilities if it doesn't get handed in. Either someone will take it home and charge it to find out who's it is and try and track you down, or they will keep it. It's a matter of luck really which one happens.

Would it be a better idea to phone tomorrow? If it's still on the train then it will probably be found when it goes to the depot at night.
Put the iPhone in lost mode so it displays a phone number to call. As soon as someone charges it they will see the alert
Track the iPhone down using find my iPhone
Original post by Joe2001
Would it be a better idea to phone tomorrow? If it's still on the train then it will probably be found when it goes to the depot at night.

I'd phone tonight and tomorrow. Nothing wrong with phoning a few times if it helps find it! :smile:
Just contacted them and there is still nothing handed in.
Original post by Joe2001

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply... This was posted in the wrong forum, so I'll tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over to the Mobile phones forum for you.

Have you locked the iPhone remotely from Find My iPhone? Even if the phone is switched off, next time it's connected to the internet it will lock the phone for you and notify you when it's done.

If anyone steals your iPhone these days, they can't do much with it other than selling it for parts, thanks to iCloud.
Sorry to tell you but it’s gone now mate
Original post by Joe2001

I lost my bag on the train a few months ago. Took a few days before I found it. Best thing you can do is either contact the British transport police, or the station where the train was headed (the station is probably the best bet of these since it’s where most people would think to hand something in). I had no luck with the rail company when I lost my bag.

With regards to the people commenting that it’s been stolen, the vast majority of people would turn in a phone to someone rather than steal it, so it’s unlikely that it has been stolen. You just need to keep searching and make sure to check everywhere you can. It’s not going to be fun, but if you don’t look you’ll never find it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Check if you have any insurance?
It’s definitely stolen

Quick Reply