username3157144
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Guys!

Just thought I would set up this thread so we could discuss how preparations were going for biomed. Has anyone started revising for the BMAT yet? What kind of stuff is everyone writing about in Personal statement?

Good luck to everyone applying!!
dailypanic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JakeOwen)
Hi Guys!

Just thought I would set up this thread so we could discuss how preparations were going for biomed. Has anyone started revising for the BMAT yet? What kind of stuff is everyone writing about in Personal statement?

Good luck to everyone applying!!
So glad someone made this thread! I just started BMAT prep yesterday but it's not going too well. Section one is a pain. I've done my third draft of my personal statement already but i still have loads more to improve on it ://////
What are your predicted grades and Uni's you're applying to?
username3157144
Rep:
?
(Original post by dailypanic)
So glad someone made this thread! I just started BMAT prep yesterday but it's not going too well. Section one is a pain. I've done my third draft of my personal statement already but i still have loads more to improve on it ://////
What are your predicted grades and Uni's you're applying to?
Hi! Thanks for your reply

My predicted grades are A*A*A and I'm applying to Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Durham, and Southampton. Wbu???
dailypanic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Thanks for your reply

My predicted grades are A*A*A and I'm applying to Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Durham, and Southampton. Wbu???
I'm (hopefully) applying to Oxford (St John's college), King's college London, Sheffield and I still need to decide on my other three. I wanted to apply to UCL but I didn't take maths, but I am soo hoping I'm not at too much of a disadvantage:// How's your BMAT prep going?
username3157144
Rep:
?
I'm (hopefully) applying to Oxford (St John's college), King's college London, Sheffield and I still need to decide on my other three. I wanted to apply to UCL but I didn't take maths, but I am soo hoping I'm not at too much of a disadvantage:// How's your BMAT prep going?
BMAT Prep is going Ok..... finding section 1 a pain. I'm also not sure how to revise for section 3; what kind of things are you doing?
dailypanic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BMAT Prep is going Ok..... finding section 1 a pain. I'm also not sure how to revise for section 3; what kind of things are you doing?
I bought the BMAT book with 700 questions and I've been going through the section 1 past papers online. I haven't even touched section 2 or section 3 yet the timing seems too intense. I did a section 1 past paper and got 4.4 which completely discouraged me How have you been revising?
11grayl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I've also applied for this year!
My predictions are A*AA. I've also applied to Bath, Bristol, Kings College London and UCL.
I'm also preparing for the BMAT. It's stressful! At the moment, I'm getting scores for Section 2 around 5-5.2, so I probably need to improve a bit!
I've applied as an open applicant, because I couldn't choose which college! I'm applying from a state school.
username3157144
Rep:
?
(Original post by 11grayl)
Hi! I've also applied for this year!
My predictions are A*AA. I've also applied to Bath, Bristol, Kings College London and UCL.
I'm also preparing for the BMAT. It's stressful! At the moment, I'm getting scores for Section 2 around 5-5.2, so I probably need to improve a bit!
I've applied as an open applicant, because I couldn't choose which college! I'm applying from a state school.

Hi! Yeah, I also considered open application but then decided that I might as well just choose a college. It's still a great idea though!

5-5.2 sounds pretty good to be. I'd be happy with that at this stage tbh.

What books has everyone read? Any ones you'd recommend?
username3157724
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
My predicted grades are A*A*A and I'm applying to Oxford (Balliol), Bristol, UCL, Sussex and Cardiff.
I'm applying for the neuroscience pathway at Oxford as I am applying for neuro courses at the other unis.
Regarding the BMAT, I've been doing alright. I've just been practising without the time limit atm and I am FINALLY starting to get the section 1 questions.
username3157144
Rep:
?
(Original post by beatriceaj71)
Hi
My predicted grades are A*A*A and I'm applying to Oxford (Balliol), Bristol, UCL, Sussex and Cardiff.
I'm applying for the neuroscience pathway at Oxford as I am applying for neuro courses at the other unis.
Regarding the BMAT, I've been doing alright. I've just been practising without the time limit atm and I am FINALLY starting to get the section 1 questions.
Sounds great! What kind of scores have you been getting?
username3157724
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds great! What kind of scores have you been getting?
Thank you! Well I did my first two properly timed section 1s today and I got 6.8 on one and 6.2 on the other, which I'm really happy with!
Gotta start revising physics for section 2 though now :///
dailypanic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by beatriceaj71)
Thank you! Well I did my first two properly timed section 1s today and I got 6.8 on one and 6.2 on the other, which I'm really happy with!
Gotta start revising physics for section 2 though now :///
Your scores are amazing! How are you revising for Section1?
username3157724
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your scores are amazing! How are you revising for Section1?
Thank you! I'm using the 700 questions book thing that I bought and just going through those.
username3157144
Rep:
?
Anyone have any good book recommendations?

As in books for wider reading, rather than BMAT preparation ones
dailypanic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone have any good book recommendations?

As in books for wider reading, rather than BMAT preparation ones
i would say to just keep updated on recent medical research. you could read medical books but bearing in mind the time for BMAT prep and year13 studies, i think magazines and articles will be your best friend?
dailypanic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anybody submitted their UCAS application yet?
11grayl
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I submitted mine this afternoon!! Can I ask, what did people get for GCSEs?? I got 5A*s, 5As and 1B. I feel this isn't enough though, because I'm expecting everyone else to have like 8-10A*s😭😂
dailypanic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I submitted mine this afternoon!! Can I ask, what did people get for GCSEs?? I got 5A*s, 5As and 1B. I feel this isn't enough though, because I'm expecting everyone else to have like 8-10A*s😭😂
I got 9A*'s and 2A's at GCSE but I've heard that some applicants have been given interviews even if they did achieve B's at GCSE. Don't be too disheartened because I'm sure you have just as good a chance! Have you tried looking at the GCSE stats for applicants last year? I think it's on their biomed website
username3157144
Rep:
?
Most people will have more A*s yes, but it might not be a problem. Oxford factor in the school you went to, and how you did relative to others at your school.
So if other people had horrible GCSEs at your school, yours will look really good, and they will still invite you for interview
dailypanic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
omg who else is actually dreading the BMAT? it's in two weeks and honestly my blood runs cold whenever i think about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.51%
I don't have everything I need (242)
44.49%

Watched Threads