The Student Room Group

External student, student finance still giving me money?

So I failed one of my exam resits this summer hence I have to take this next year out as an external student, then redo the exam in May. From what I'd read online, this meant I would get no help from student finance, however, I got a letter from student finance yesterday which contradicted this. It said they would pay nothing to my uni (as in no tuition fees) but that I would receive the normal amount of maintenance loan that I was already receiving. I'd already had a student finance letter a couple of months ago so this is a revised one that is dated the day after I got my resit results. Am I just missing something here or is this completely correct? I am planning on calling up tomorrow but I just wanted to see if anyone could advise me about whether there's a mistake or not? Don't know if this makes a difference, but I do have mitigating circumstances.
Original post by edexcelsuckme
So I failed one of my exam resits this summer hence I have to take this next year out as an external student, then redo the exam in May. From what I'd read online, this meant I would get no help from student finance, however, I got a letter from student finance yesterday which contradicted this. It said they would pay nothing to my uni (as in no tuition fees) but that I would receive the normal amount of maintenance loan that I was already receiving. I'd already had a student finance letter a couple of months ago so this is a revised one that is dated the day after I got my resit results. Am I just missing something here or is this completely correct? I am planning on calling up tomorrow but I just wanted to see if anyone could advise me about whether there's a mistake or not? Don't know if this makes a difference, but I do have mitigating circumstances.

As you aren't full time its quite possibly a mistake.
Original post by edexcelsuckme

Hi there,

We can approve you for funding, but we need the university to confirm your registration in order to release any payments. If you're an external student, they won't do this, so you're right to say you won't receive any funding.

Are you returning in September 2019? If so, you can apply then; otherwise, there's nothing more you need to do.

Thanks,
Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending