ps4ufcdemo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm having problems with a possible setup for my laptop, monitor and ps4 at uni.

I don't know where to start with monitors. I will be using it to plug in my ps4, my laptop and a chromecast to watch tv. I've seen most monitors only have one port and idk if using a splitter affects performance. For my laptop, I have an xps 13 and I'm not sure if I need a thunderbolt cable or just a normal usb c to hdmi. I have no idea what thunderbolt is and what difference it makes. My budget for a moniter is about £150

I also notice lots of monitors don't have speakers. I don't want to spend a whole load on speakers and I don't want to get bulky ones as I have to move out after every term. I wanted to get a wireless speaker that can also work on ac if necessary. I don't want to use bluetooth with the moniter, and I don't want to charge the speaker every night. I want to leave it plugged in to power like normal speakers but I hear that doesn't work. I need help with figuring out how to have a speaker that can act as a typical part of a tv sort setup with the ability to go bluetooth
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Technology and computers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads