James1965
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m having trouble understanding the ELQ rules for full time students.

I finished my first degree several year ago and I am wanting to go back and study under the dietitian AHP elq courses.

My local university is Teesside and their diet course is called food and nutrition.

I’ve phoned Student finance and spoke to the university and nobody can seem to give me a straight answer.

I’ve found a post on here that confirms the course codes that qualify for ELQ for part time courses but can’t find anything about full time.

Anyone here know about this?
SFE Graeme
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by James1965)
I’m having trouble understanding the ELQ rules for full time students.

I finished my first degree several year ago and I am wanting to go back and study under the dietitian AHP elq courses.

My local university is Teesside and their diet course is called food and nutrition.

I’ve phoned Student finance and spoke to the university and nobody can seem to give me a straight answer.

I’ve found a post on here that confirms the course codes that qualify for ELQ for part time courses but can’t find anything about full time.

Anyone here know about this?
Hi there,

This course is showing as a Part Time Exception only; so you won't be eligible if you decide to study Full Time. You may way want to speak to the university also and see what they say.

Thanks,
Graeme
James1965
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by SFE Graeme)
Hi there,

This course is showing as a Part Time Exception only; so you won't be eligible if you decide to study Full Time. You may way want to speak to the university also and see what they say.

Thanks,
Graeme
I phoned Student finance back and spoke to someone on the phone yesterday who said he had access to a database to check. He checked that course code and said it is exempt full time? Was he wrong?
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi James,

I've checked the Food and Nutrition course that you mentioned and this does not qualify as a full time exemption. Dietics is an Allied Health Profession exception however as your course is not a 'Dietics' or 'Dietics and Nutrition' course this would not be included.

Warm regards,
Tégan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.55%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.54%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.21%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
42.06%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.3%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.87%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed