Eviegriffiths
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so in the past 2 days i’ve had 6 panic attacks at school. i go to first aid or my head of house and just get past it but they’re interfering so much with school. there’s no specific trigger i just suddenly feel sick and begin to panic A LOT. even when i’m not specifically having a panic attack i always feel anxious and on edge, worried for the next episode.

anyone who can help please do, i’m so lost and i’m so worried for tomorrow at school if it happens again and again
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you should for sure visit your GP, there's loads of things they can do to help with anxiety and panic attacks. It's super common so they have loads of resources and places they can refer you to for treatment and/or support. CB therapy, talk therapy, medication, counselling, groups, etc.

If you really don't want to visit your GP for any reason, then maybe try a self-referral service? This is a good idea especially if youre paranoid of your parents finding out or don't like your GP etc...

Just google: 'self referral therapy in [your town]'. There's usually at least 1 or 2 self referral NHS (free) therapy services which you either email/call up to refer yourself and then they call you for a quick over the phone assessment to see if their service will help and then you can try weekly talk therapies etc

Good luck!
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Agree with the above, visit your GP, they may prescribe you medication, refer you to a therapist or more what the above user has stated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (12)
11.11%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (71)
65.74%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
12.96%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
8.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
1.85%

Watched Threads