CLICK PLEASE, NEA Food Prep & Nutrition ideas

Watch this thread
Kookerella
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I do AQA food preparation and nutrition GCSE, and we are beginning our non exam assessments. I have to come up with a hypothesis for a food investigation

the question i am given is
"investigate the functional and chemical properties in shortcrust pastry"

i really want to do something scientific and weird for my hypothesis but shortcrust pastry is such a basic recipe/cooking method that I cant think of anything REMOTELY scientific to investigate!

If anyone is doing this non exam assessment or just anyone please may someone give me ideas to investigate!!
Yakov1
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing investigating different fats, flour and ratios.
cookieman15
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
im doing these things that you could probably explain before your investigation (probably). how certain fats play different roles in shortcrust pastry, how using cold water affects the shortcrust pastry, and how handling the pastry makes a difference, but im also looking into the terms gluten, shortening and plasticity so i can go in on how these things affect the pastry and what would happen if they werent in it. i hope these help you out and if you have anything helpful on this we could trade thoughts and that.
crazyp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You could do different temperature of water, different fats used and different types of flour used
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
23.53%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (11)
32.35%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
8.82%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
17.65%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
5.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads