The Student Room Group

Unsure on course to take at Unj

I am so very unsure of what to study at university. It’s between Early Years Studies (to become a nursery teacher) or Fine Art (which would offer me a variety of career paths). What do you think is best? I realise that I could do an apprenticeship in order to teach early years, would it be a good idea to complete a Fine Art degree then as I can always go for an apprenticeship?
Thanks
Original post by leahsmith617
I am so very unsure of what to study at university. It’s between Early Years Studies (to become a nursery teacher) or Fine Art (which would offer me a variety of career paths). What do you think is best? I realise that I could do an apprenticeship in order to teach early years, would it be a good idea to complete a Fine Art degree then as I can always go for an apprenticeship?
Thanks

If you complete a Fine Art degree at university, you might not be eligible for some apprenticeships as you have previous study, so I wouldn't think of things this way. Apprenticeships are normally open to school leavers.

I would recommend doing some research or getting some relevant work experience to figure out which path you want to take. The best choice is the one you are most interested in as this will give you more motivation to pursue and more enjoyment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending