The Student Room Group

He does not deserve me?

me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year, i am muslim and he is atheist. we truly love each other. the problem is, i am muslim and in islam its forbidden to kiss, touch or do anything before marriage. he knows that and respects it, he even said he will study about islam and that he will think about converting. all the times we have been together he never tried to kiss me, we just hold hands and hug but last days i caught him staring at my lips.
i feel bad, i think he is trying his best.

he does not believe in god, he really does not like anything that involves religions. he believes religions are stupid tales/lies.

we talk before sleeping every night, sometimes i tell him to wait because i have to pray. i really love to pray on time but i feel uncomfortable this days, i feel bad. i keep thinking that he should go his way and find someone that can accept his thinking and ways.

i love him but i also love god that is why i dont want him to.kiss me or do anything with him before we are married.

he really is the best/nicest guy i have ever met and i know he loves me a lot.

if i break up with him, he will become happier and live his life like he wants right?
Reply 1
Yeah it sounds like your faith js goi g to be in the way, best to break up so he can find someone more suitable.
you're not allowed to touch but you are okay with hugging and holding hands hahaha it makes me laugh how some muslims can cherry pick things that suits them.

its never going to work, in my experience conservative muslims and atheists do not make a happy couple long term
I'm afraid to say that it could cause a rift between you. You could try and see how it goes, but as an atheist who has dated religious people before, I can tell you that it is not likely to work out well.
Reply 4
If he doesn't want it he would break it off himself. I wouldn't assume for him, and then decide whether or not he will be happier without you.

A lotta negativity here especially considering its a pretty serious and reasonable question
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
you're not allowed to touch but you are okay with hugging and holding hands hahaha it makes me laugh how some muslims can cherry pick things that suits them.

its never going to work, in my experience conservative muslims and atheists do not make a happy couple long term

"you're not allowed to touch but you are okay with hugging and holding hands hahaha it makes me laugh how some muslims can cherry pick things that suits them."
yes its not allowed but its my choice. also hugging and holding hands are not that big of a sin chill

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending