Horner94
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

What are your opinions on the psychology of aggression? Any useful books that you would recommend on this topic?

Kind regards,
Chad
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Horner94)
Hello,

What are your opinions on the psychology of aggression? Any useful books that you would recommend on this topic?

Kind regards,
Chad
Moved to Study Help
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Majority of it is **** upbringing, already being predisposed to it. Unless you believe in the warrior gene, however, some people are genuinely more prone to losing it than others, so guess it's the nature-nurture debate.
Horner94
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Majority of it is **** upbringing, already being predisposed to it. Unless you believe in the warrior gene, however, some people are genuinely more prone to losing it than others, so guess it's the nature-nurture debate.
Hello, thanks very much for your response. Yes, I believe people that come from dysfunctional families are more likely to have learned that behaviour and repeat it when in adulthood. However, do you believe that with effective treatment that aggressive behaviour can be controlled and therefore less likely to occur again?
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, thanks very much for your response. Yes, I believe people that come from dysfunctional families are more likely to have learned that behaviour and repeat it when in adulthood. However, do you believe that with effective treatment that aggressive behaviour can be controlled and therefore less likely to occur again?
Well yes, plenty of old school studies have shown this, as have checking through backgrounds of serial killers. And yes, aggression can be controlled, dependent of person I guess. However, even if you evolve or restrict your impulsiveness, your disposition will always be latent, ready to be triggered by whatever stimuli out there.
Horner94
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Well yes, plenty of old school studies have shown this, as have checking through backgrounds of serial killers. And yes, aggression can be controlled, dependent of person I guess. However, even if you evolve or restrict your impulsiveness, your disposition will always be latent, ready to be triggered by whatever stimuli out there.
Thanks very much for your response. What kind if stimuli do you mean?

Kind regards,
Chad
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks very much for your response. What kind if stimuli do you mean?

Kind regards,
Chad
Can be absolutely anything.
Horner94
Rep:
?
Hello, many scientists nowadays believe that adolescents are more likely to behave aggressively due to influences from testosterone and also the environment. I want to know if you agree with these as contributing factors?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Chad
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this homework?
Horner94
Rep:
?
Not really, I'm just asking for opinions because oftentimes science takes U-turns and Eureka - a new hypothesis!

Kind regards,
Chad
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ones disposition is always in conflict with the environment.
rasputshealthbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There must be some genetic factors at play but imo it’s overwhelmingly the type of environment they were raised in which affects their aggression level the most. Being exposed to verbal/physical abuse early as well as constant criticism/reinforced feelings on inferiority hasn’t worked out well for most of the people I know.
lyra777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, many scientists nowadays believe that adolescents are more likely to behave aggressively due to influences from testosterone and also the environment. I want to know if you agree with these as contributing factors?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Chad
What is your reason for asking the question? Are you writing an essay on it?
Horner94
Rep:
?
(Original post by lyra777)
What is your reason for asking the question? Are you writing an essay on it?
I am just interested in finding out what peoples' opinions are regarding this hypothesis.

Kind regards,
Chad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads