The Student Room Group

messed up big time with student finance please help

Ok so i've a lot of mental health issues which kind of delayed when I submitted my application so I didn't do it until after the deadline, which I thought wasn't too bad, and my parents said they'd complete their side of things soon after but that didn't happen so they only completed their part about two weeks ago so I'm really stressed right now that I won't get my payment for ages, and my first accomodation fee of £2k is due in October

Can I ask my uni to delay the payment? Or is there a way to speed up the process? Or am I basically screwed?

Just to check, these are the things I've sent off:
the declaration
evidence of my address (because I'm from the EU I had to prove I've lived here for 5 years)
my parents completed their financial information
my parent's declaration form

am I missing something?
Original post by Kahleesi
Ok so i've a lot of mental health issues which kind of delayed when I submitted my application so I didn't do it until after the deadline, which I thought wasn't too bad, and my parents said they'd complete their side of things soon after but that didn't happen so they only completed their part about two weeks ago so I'm really stressed right now that I won't get my payment for ages, and my first accomodation fee of £2k is due in October

Can I ask my uni to delay the payment? Or is there a way to speed up the process? Or am I basically screwed?

Just to check, these are the things I've sent off:
the declaration
evidence of my address (because I'm from the EU I had to prove I've lived here for 5 years)
my parents completed their financial information
my parent's declaration form

am I missing something?

Hi there,

On your online account, what's the status of the application?

Thanks,
Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Graeme
Hi there,

On your online account, what's the status of the application?

Thanks,
Graeme

application submitted
Hi,

Sponsors' financial details are taking 24 working days to process.

We can give you a specific timescale on when your application is expected to finalise if you DM us on Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks,
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending