Southampton or Royal Holloway? Watch

theweirdo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Not sure about whether I should apply to Southampton or Royal Holloway for Psychology. They both have similar predictions and a similar ranking. Does anyone know which university would be better to apply to and which one is easier to get into?

Also, it is really necessary to apply to a Russel group university? Royal Holloway isn't a Russel group but Southampton is but does this really make much of a difference?

Thanks
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by theweirdo)
Not sure about whether I should apply to Southampton or Royal Holloway for Psychology. They both have similar predictions and a similar ranking. Does anyone know which university would be better to apply to and which one is easier to get into?

Also, it is really necessary to apply to a Russel group university? Royal Holloway isn't a Russel group but Southampton is but does this really make much of a difference?

Thanks
No
Criminalis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's all down to your personal preference.

What are your predicted grades vs their typical entry requirements?
Royal Holloway, University of London
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

Thanks
Hi theweirdo,

It's great to hear that you are considering to study with us!

If you haven't already, I would recommend attending an Open Day at both universities to get a first-hand experience of what life is like at each. You'll be spending the next few years at university so it's good to think about student life, location and extra curricular opportunities on top of the course.

The next Open Days at Royal Holloway are on Saturday 29 September and Saturday 13 October and you can book your place here. There will be a hands-on Psychology session, Introduction to Psychology talk, campus and accommodation tours running throughout the day and opportunities to ask students and staff any questions you might have.

I'm a graduate from Royal Holloway so I'm also happy to answer any questions. Some of our current students are available to chat to online here and they're more than happy to chat about life at Royal Holloway.

Susana
theweirdo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi theweirdo,

It's great to hear that you are considering to study with us!

If you haven't already, I would recommend attending an Open Day at both universities to get a first-hand experience of what life is like at each. You'll be spending the next few years at university so it's good to think about student life, location and extra curricular opportunities on top of the course.

The next Open Days at Royal Holloway are on Saturday 29 September and Saturday 13 October and you can book your place here. There will be a hands-on Psychology session, Introduction to Psychology talk, campus and accommodation tours running throughout the day and opportunities to ask students and staff any questions you might have.

I'm a graduate from Royal Holloway so I'm also happy to answer any questions. Some of our current students are available to chat to online here and they're more than happy to chat about life at Royal Holloway.

Susana
Thank you! I've signed up for the Royal Holloway Open Day now. I've already seen Southampton so after seeing Royal Holloway, I'll be able to make up my mind more easily. I completely forgot about doing that.

Thanks
Royal Holloway, University of London
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you! I've signed up for the Royal Holloway Open Day now. I've already seen Southampton so after seeing Royal Holloway, I'll be able to make up my mind more easily. I completely forgot about doing that.

Thanks
That's great to hear and we can't wait to have you on campus soon. :thumbsup:

If you have any questions at any time, please just let me know!

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%