The Student Room Group

How to let mean people respect you

I basically started school and had some mean comments said about my ethnicity and to me personally such as laughing at my school photo id and laughing at my accent when i answer a question in class tbe teacher doesn't nitice though im in sixth-form (3 weeks into sixth form ) i try to be nice to everyone and made sure that i don't do anything to offend others if i do i always make sure to apologise but if feel like sone people are imtimdated by my skin colour despitey friendly face and people have told me this tbe fact that i have a friendly face
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by kate426
I basically started school and had some mean comments said about my ethnicity and to me personally duch as laughing at my school photo id and such (3 weeks into sixth form)

I think for the beginning you have to learn to have a thick skin and look like it doesnt affect you.

If theres a teacher you trust then alert them to the issue, but dont id who the people are, just say you will try and deal with it.

Keep a diary of them, recordings, video them if they persist.

You are old enough not to have to get into fights and they are old enough to know better. If it keeps happening from the same people, then I would ask them to leave you alone. probably even record it and see what their response is. If they then start attacking you or trying to bully report it to the headmaster and watch them being excluded.

I wouldnt put up with it. Dont take it to heart. They are ignorant bullies. You dont have to be popular at sixth form just put your energy into your studies.

Make sure you do extra currciulars so you have other social contact and can build your self esteem that way.

If it gets persistent or serious i.e extra mean then you have to stick yp for yourself. make your social media private and if they try and attack you that way then screenshot it and add it to the evidence pile.

Post back if it persists. A levels are hard enough without bullying morons.

Quick Reply

Latest