The Student Room Group

Econ students appreciation thread

ℍ✨𝔼✨𝕃✨𝕃✨𝕆 𝕃✨𝕆✨𝕍✨𝔼✨𝕃✨𝕀✨𝔼✨𝕊

As the title says:

This is a thread from ME to YOU LOVELY WEIRDOES, to express my unfathomable appreciation for you unlucky souls who are currently or will be in the future studying 𝑬👏🏼𝑪👏🏼𝑶👏🏼𝑵👏🏼𝑶👏🏼𝑴👏🏼𝑰👏🏼𝑪👏🏼𝑺, or as it's more widely known as GOD'S GIFT TO THE PUNY HUMANS...

For all you newbies out there, the road ahead will be tough, and full of terrors...
All that can be demanded, may ever be supplied (Bad GoT pun i know).

This week the spring week insight applications are opening for the first year market wizards. Get your CVs sorted and your applications sent ASAP.

As well as the opening for summer internship for penultimate and final year students at firms such as Barclays..

I want to wish you all an exceeding amount of luck in the journey ahead! This will be tough, tears inducing, nerve wracking and just plain madness..

So all the best to y'all.

Valar Morghulis ☺️
I'm replying to my own thread cuz I don't want it to get buried...

Sad i know :wtf:
This was not successful T_T
Hey!
I'm currently in Y11 and I take IGCSE Econ and I LOVE IT!!!
LIKE LOVE❤️
business is BTEC economics
Original post by Le Vagabond
ℍ✨𝔼✨𝕃✨𝕃✨𝕆 𝕃✨𝕆✨𝕍✨𝔼✨𝕃✨𝕀✨𝔼✨𝕊

As the title says:

This is a thread from ME to YOU LOVELY WEIRDOES, to express my unfathomable appreciation for you unlucky souls who are currently or will be in the future studying 𝑬👏🏼𝑪👏🏼𝑶👏🏼𝑵👏🏼𝑶👏🏼𝑴👏🏼𝑰👏🏼𝑪👏🏼𝑺, or as it's more widely known as GOD'S GIFT TO THE PUNY HUMANS...

For all you newbies out there, the road ahead will be tough, and full of terrors...
All that can be demanded, may ever be supplied (Bad GoT pun i know).

This week the spring week insight applications are opening for the first year market wizards. Get your CVs sorted and your applications sent ASAP.

As well as the opening for summer internship for penultimate and final year students at firms such as Barclays..

I want to wish you all an exceeding amount of luck in the journey ahead! This will be tough, tears inducing, nerve wracking and just plain madness..

So all the best to y'all.

Valar Morghulis ☺️

Could I have a look at your CV please? I'm in Y13 but looking at other Spring Week CVs would help me to plan what I need to do before applying to these opportunities in the first year.
Original post by Grade A
Could I have a look at your CV please? I'm in Y13 but looking at other Spring Week CVs would help me to plan what I need to do before applying to these opportunities in the first year.

Yh, I'll DM you in a bit
Original post by Sir John Leman
business is BTEC economics

PREACH
Original post by London090
Hey!

HELLO UwU
I would be doing either economics or computer science had I studied A level maths - instead I'm doing PPE at Warwick, or as I say, BTEC economics.
Original post by HoldThisL
I would be doing either economics or computer science had I studied A level maths - instead I'm doing PPE at Warwick, or as I say, BTEC economics.

If I be entirely honest, I'm doing smt similar! all the luck pal! PPE is fun and warwick is hella prestige :3
:wavey:
I’m doing econ as-level:dontknow:
Original post by Toastiekid
:wavey:
I’m doing econ as-level:dontknow:

lucky u, i never got the chance to
lucky u, i never got the chance to

what econ do you do then? Uni level? What’s it like?
what econ do you do then? Uni level? What’s it like?

Sorry for the belated response,

University economics is very varied.

It touches a lot on law, politics and sociology.

However it also has all the classical micro/macro which I assume is taught in A levels, obviously more in depth.

I had to do a lot of heavy reading on economic theory in the first year, I had to read The Wealth of Nations as well as Das Kapital. So that I could have a more rounded approach to economic history and it's effect on the different perspectives and schools of thoughts.
Sorry for the belated response,

University economics is very varied.

It touches a lot on law, politics and sociology.

However it also has all the classical micro/macro which I assume is taught in A levels, obviously more in depth.

I had to do a lot of heavy reading on economic theory in the first year, I had to read The Wealth of Nations as well as Das Kapital. So that I could have a more rounded approach to economic history and it's effect on the different perspectives and schools of thoughts.

No worries:smile: thanks for responding:wink:
Wow that’s an interesting mix!
Yes it is (I’m currently doing micro)
Ahh ok, it sounds interesting:yep:
No worries:smile: thanks for responding:wink:
Wow that’s an interesting mix!
Yes it is (I’m currently doing micro)
Ahh ok, it sounds interesting:yep:

You're welcome!
Anybody currently studying Econ at LSE?

Quick Reply