The Student Room Group

GF 3 weeks before uni, but I think its right!

Hi folks, here I am again posting about my personal life anonymously on TSR (stay classy). I basically wrote a book here, but theres a cheeky TLDR down the bottom

Okay so I'm 18/f and I've just gone off to uni..... only 3 weeks ago I kissed my crush and we've been going on dates and stuff since then (we were hanging out one on one for days before though so it feels like longer). I liked her for almost 2 years and I feel truly like the cat that got the cream.(she's really cool and smart and brilliant, I wish I could show her off here)

[Weird timing tho right? Allow me to briefly explain.]

Spoiler

And I know everyone says that staying together at uni is stupid but everyone does it so that doesn't worry me :tongue:. What worries me is that everyone is telling me what I 'should' want to do as its only been a short amount of time.

I honestly believe this is whats best for us right now as neither one of us right now is limiting the other or allowing the other to limit us in doing what we wanna do. I like her a lot, so is there an issue really if we are both happy right now to stay together and see what happens? :smile:

TLDR: Everyone is telling me that I should want to stop seeing her as we've gone to uni and only been together for a very short while, but I feel no desire to break this off at all.

Does anyone understand where I'm coming from here? :s-smilie:
Yep, i get it entirely. I think you should go with your gut. If you really like them then why break it off now and not give it a shot? Worst case scenario it won’t work out and you’ll understand that distance plays a factor in this. I made the same decision to stay with my boyfriend before moving house and going to a sixth form college around 2+ hours away. We’re both applying to uni now and due to the difference in predicted grades and where we’re applying, we know we won’t be going to the same place, but I’ve gone with my gut and stayed with him as its worked out once before long distance.

What I’m trying to say that if you feel this is what you want and if its what your s/o wants then you should give the relationship a shot because it could be the best decision you make!
Reply 2
Original post by Lemon1806
Yep, i get it entirely. I think you should go with your gut. If you really like them then why break it off now and not give it a shot? Worst case scenario it won’t work out and you’ll understand that distance plays a factor in this. I made the same decision to stay with my boyfriend before moving house and going to a sixth form college around 2+ hours away. We’re both applying to uni now and due to the difference in predicted grades and where we’re applying, we know we won’t be going to the same place, but I’ve gone with my gut and stayed with him as its worked out once before long distance.

What I’m trying to say that if you feel this is what you want and if its what your s/o wants then you should give the relationship a shot because it could be the best decision you make!

Thank you! <3 phew, its nice to know that there are others happily in the same situation
Only you can tell what's going on the relationship tbh there's nothing wrong with seeing how things pan out. You may find it more difficult than couples who have been together longer to adjust to a long-distance relationship but there's no reason to throw everything away just because you've moved to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending