Prof. Tocher
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone here taken GCSE Economics? If so tell me what it's like, what it covers and how much maths is involved. Also any good revision guides/books or websites (preferably books).
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Prof. Tocher)
Has anyone here taken GCSE Economics? If so tell me what it's like, what it covers and how much maths is involved. Also any good revision guides/books or websites (preferably books).
Which exam board?
Just economic- i.e its about economic theory. At GCSE not much.
If you know your exam board then you can just download the spec.

I would start with.

The website is pretty good as well.
https://www.economicshelp.org/shop/gcse-economics/

You can also use the CGP books especially the workbooks.
Prof. Tocher
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Which exam board?
Just economic- i.e its about economic theory. At GCSE not much.
If you know your exam board then you can just download the spec.

I would start with.

The website is pretty good as well.
https://www.economicshelp.org/shop/gcse-economics/

You can also use the CGP books especially the workbooks.
CGP doesn't have any gcse economics resources
thatcleverguy
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Gcse Economics is amazing. In micro you’ll learn about small scale businesses and markets. In macro which is way more interesting imo you’ll learn about the Bank of England and all of its policies and how the govt controls inflation through its policies. Don’t hesitate to ask anything else.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Prof. Tocher)
CGP doesn't have any gcse economics resources
Sorry which exam board are you doing?
ashestostardust
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I did GCSE Economics on the old spec but I'm pretty sure the content will be roughly the same. It was basically split into microeconomics (study of personal economics so things like loans, employment, even the effects of globalisation etc) and macroeconomics (study of the economics around us so government objectives, the EU, tax etc). I found it all incredibly interesting and would highly recommend. And there really wasn't much maths if any. The trickiest stuff we had to do were calculating percentages which is pretty straightforward if you ask me. Check with the exam board specification for the specifics though bc idk if this has changed or not. Anyway, would highly recommend as it teaches you some solid life skills and common sense.
Prof. Tocher
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Sorry which exam board are you doing?
AQA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads