The Student Room Group

Do you have to start revising in year 12?

I'm aiming for As/A*s do I need to start revising now. If so is 1-2 hours of homework and one hour of revision enough?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Ya I'd do 1-2 hours of homework and some light revision starting now, and after Christmas break then crank it up a little!

ps. Of course don't give yourself too much work though! Only do what you can handle :smile:
It depends what grades you have at the moment, then you’ll be able to gage the level of urgency of your revision.

For comparison:
Im in year 13 and last year i got predicted 3A*s without doing any revision for mocks until about march/april. During study leave i did maximum 4 hours per day, which isnt very much and i probably should have done more. Obviously try hard with your homework - that should be your main priority and it should take up pretty much all of your independent learning time. You should also revise for the topic tests your teacher sets but dont stress over them because all in all they are just for you to see what you know (i didnt always do this lol). Other than that, occasionally i would write some short notes for a topic we had done a few weeks ago, just as a refresher, or read ahead in the textbook.
Ensure you make revision notes as you go along as it would be very helpful for you in Year 13. Many people (including myself) regret not doing this.
Reply 5
Original post by sparks01
It depends what grades you have at the moment, then you’ll be able to gage the level of urgency of your revision.

For comparison:
Im in year 13 and last year i got predicted 3A*s without doing any revision for mocks until about march/april. During study leave i did maximum 4 hours per day, which isnt very much and i probably should have done more. Obviously try hard with your homework - that should be your main priority and it should take up pretty much all of your independent learning time. You should also revise for the topic tests your teacher sets but dont stress over them because all in all they are just for you to see what you know (i didnt always do this lol). Other than that, occasionally i would write some short notes for a topic we had done a few weeks ago, just as a refresher, or read ahead in the textbook.

Thanks, I haven't got any a level grades/predictions at the moment but my GCSEs were seven 9s and three 8s. At the moment I don't have much to do/it's not too hard but I've only been at school for 2 weeks. So far I'm trying to make flash cards for the stuff we've done in class and am typing up notes.

Quick Reply

Latest